chapter 7

Vanessa was no longer in Sammy's class, this made her sad. Now when she goes to school she'll have no one to talk to. "At least we walk together." Samantha thinks to herself. But what Samantha didn't know was that Vanessa's mom wants her to drive to school from now. Samantha walked to the normal meeting place and waited, she saw Vanessa walking up to her. Vanessa looked sad. "Hey Nessa, what's wrong?" Samantha asked. "Normally I'm the sad one." 

"My mom wants me to take the bus to school or drive with her." Vanessa said sadly.

"But that would mean..." Samantha said.

"Yeah, I can't walk with you anymore. I'm really sorry." Vanessa said.

"It's fine, I won't mind walking alone." Samantha said.

"How about I ask my mom if you can ride in the car with me?" Vanessa asked.

"No I'm okay." Samantha said "If she drops me off I'll be early..." 

"Oh yeah, well I am really, really sorry." Vanessa said.

"It's not like it was your choice, even if it was I won't blame you. I don't like to walk that much either. Samantha said.

"Oh cool, well it was my mom's decision not mine." Vanessa explained.

                   They reached to school, the kids were still outside waiting. Vanessa and Samantha waited by the street until they were going in. They waited about 2-3 minutes before the teacher came out to let them in. Vanessa and Sammy went in, when they reached the stairs they said bye to each other. And headed off to class. The teacher in Samantha's class was moving around seats. Samantha was moved to a table with two boys and one girl: Peter Hopkins, Randy Morgan and Tia Goodman. She sat next to Tia, who wasn't really a bully. But still, Samantha didn't talk to her.

                           Then Samantha went to lunch, she looked for Vanessa. Vanessa was at table 32, four tables away from Samantha. Samantha was walking to her, but then two girls came up to her, "Where you going? Going to see your stupid little friend Vanessa?" one of the girls said.

"Just leave me alone." Samantha said.

"You need to understand that Vanessa doesn't like you anymore." the other one said.

Then the other one said, "Yeah, can't you see how happy she is to be without you?" 

Then they pushed Samantha onto the floor. "This was the worst day to wear white." Samantha said to herself.

"Did you say something?" another girl came up and said.

"Leave me alone!" Samantha shouted. Vanessa noticed, she got up and went over to defend Samantha, "Leave her alone. Go bully someone else, not my friend. Is she the only one in this school? Go hang out with your dumb, good-for-nothing friends, I think they need the company. Do you like to pick on people? Does it make you feel better inside? Well go pick on someone else!!!" Vanessa said in anger. Then she put out a hand to pick up Samantha. "You okay?" she asked.

"I'm fine, thanks." Samantha replied.

"Ugh! Look everyone is baby #1 and her mommy." one of the girls announced. Samantha ran out of the room crying. "Sammy wait!" Vanessa exclaimed.

"Can't you just leave her alone, would it kill you to do that?" Vanessa shrugged.

"Go get your baby 'mommy', I think she's needs her pacifier." a girl said laughing. Vanessa walked out of the room ignoring the comments people shouted. She looked for Samantha all over school, but she didn't find her.