chapter 5

When Sammy finally reached home, she came in the house feeling sad. Then she remembered gifts. Her mom came to her, "Ready for gifts!" She walked to her room where her mom had put her gifts. This kind of made her happy, she opened her mother's present to find a new phone! "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you. I love it! I you're the best mom ever!" she exclaimed. Samantha thought to herself "Should I tell her about Vanessa?" She decided to tell her mother after dinner. It was time for dinner, strangely her father didn't come home to yet. "Mom where is daddy?" Samantha asked worried. "He probably just running a little late. Don't worry about it." her mother said smiling. Then they continued eating. Samantha got a special dinner, for desert she got a birthday cake. It was blue and had wire designs.

                        Dinner was over, after a while her dad came home. Her dad's present was a new laptop! "Oh thank-you so much, dad! I love all of your presents, thanks mom and dad." Samantha said excited. She decided it was time to tell her parents about Vanessa. 

         "Mom, dad? Can we talk f a bit please?" Samantha asked.

"Sure what is it Samantha?" her dad replied.

"You know how you want me to make friends right?" Samantha said.

"Yes...." both her parents said. 

"Well there was a new kid in our class today, her name is Vanessa. She sat next to me in class, and now we're best friends!" Samantha said.

"Well that's a good thing, I'm proud of you." Samantha's mom said with a smile.

                The next day at school they were making changes, some children were switched out of classes. When they came to Samantha and Vanessa's class Samantha got scared. The people that were coming out was about to be called to stand up. "For Ms. Steel's class: Josephine Smith, Justin Simmons, Milton Deo and Vanessa Davidson." the principle said. Vanessa was switched to another class. "Oh no, now who do I have as a friend?" Sammy said to Vanessa. "I'll wait for you at the end of school." Vanessa said kindly.

        "But what if I come out first, I can't wait for you with everyone there." Sammy said sadly.

"Oh yeah, well just wait by the 28th street. I'll meet you there. So whenever you come out just go there. I will do the same." Vanessa said.

"Okay, I will try my best. Hopefully I remember. I think you're moving at lunch, right?" Samantha asked.

"Yeah, I think so. We'll find out." Vanessa said.

 "Okay." Samantha replied.

              Then the bell rang. Time for class, Vanessa and Samantha both went together. Followed by the rest of the class in one single line. They had 4 more periods left before lunch started, math, science, art and biology. When they were in the bio lab they were supposed to be in pairs, since Sammy was already paired up Vanessa had to go with someone else. Biology was Samantha's favorite subject, because you were not allowed to have any contact with anyone beside you. She felt safe and free from bullies there. When biology was almost over the teacher stated that the classes would be switched tomorrow morning at third period.