Mafia! Romano X Target! Reader- Romeo & Juliet

“Hey Ragazza. Mi dispace.”

BANG.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

………………………………………………..

Trust no one. Open your heart to no one. That is the only way to survive.

If that’s true then you’ve failed.

You were never supposed to have met him. Never supposed to have talked to him. And never never ever… supposed to have fallen in love with him.

And now you would have to pay for it.

……………A few days ago……………….

“Oi Ragazza! Open the damn window! It’s pouring out here!” A loud voice called from outside as rocks hit your glass pane.

“ROMANO! What are you doing here!? If they find out you’re visiting me they’ll kill us!” You whispered urgently but opened your window anyways.

“Che. Like you’d be able to get rid of me so easily. I don’t gave a crapola about what they’ll do to me.” He smirked and slid in through the window, dangling his legs down from your window sill.

“Hey Romano…”

“Hm?”

“You won’t…leave me right?”

“Of course not ragazza, don’t be an idiota.”

“But you alwa-mph!”

He interrupted you with a rough kiss, pouring all of his urgency, his frustration and most of all his love into that one kiss. You responded in likeless but you swore your cheeks were wet with tears.

Whether they were yours, or his, you’d never know.

………………………………

“Romano. There is something I need you to do for me.”

“Si boss. Anything.”

“I need you to kill (Name) (L/N).”

Romano’s heart dropped, he held his clenched fist behind his back.

“M-may I ask why?” His voice cracked and he hoped his boss hadn’t seen through him already.

“My my, it’s not like my loyal right hand man to ask questions. Is something the matter?” The boss drawled out a malicious grin spread across his face like a Cheshire cat, eyes sharper than a hawk’s.

“No. No of course not. Mi dispace. I will take my leave then.”

“Si Si. Make sure you hop to it.” The boss leered, voice cutting into Romano’s heart like a jagged knife.

Romano had not replied after that.

………………………………………………….

“(Name)! (Name)! Wake up! (Name) You have to leave! Right now! They… they sent me to kill you! Why would- why would they do that ragazza! What have you not told me?!”

You smiled sadly at him. You knew you shouldn’t have talked to him the first time. Or the second…or the third. You shouldn’t have encouraged him. Shouldn’t have hugged or kissed or…or let him be with you.

You shouldn’t have loved him.

And yet without a doubt you did. You had fallen so hard with no means or thoughts of ever getting up again.

“Hey Romano. Did I ever tell you the time he killed your boss’s wife?” You lowered your head, your voice a mere whisper.

“Who’s he?”

“My Father.” But since they’ll never find him they decided to kill me instead.

You left that part unsaid. But you had a feeling Romano perfectly understood.

“R-ragazza…please. Please tell me you’re lying.” Romano’s eyes looked pained.

“No Romano. I’m not lying. I’m sorry I did this to you. I knew who you were long before you told me. I knew they would come for me. But I was selfish. I didn’t want to die without getting to know you first. I-I’m so so s-sorry. I’m such a horrible person. Even now I don’t…I don’t regret it.”

“You shouldn’t be sorry. I would go through this a million times just for a chance to meet you again ragazz- no il mio amore. There is absolutely no way in hell I would ever kill you.”

“Do it Romano. Shoot me.” Do it so you won’t be killed too.

The hand which held the revolver shook. He couldn’t. He wouldn’t. There has to be some other way…!

“There isn’t Romano. You know there isn’t If you don’t kill me now, they’ll kill you and then kill me.”

“But then at least I don’t have to live with knowing I killed the one I love.”

You grimaced and wrapped your fingers around his shaking hand. Slowly you pulled his hand to your chest and placed the revolver at your heart.

“Do it and live. For me.”

“Ti Amo (Name)”

“Ti Amo Romano”

Romano’s eyes watered with your own. He pulled you in for one last kiss. He pressed his free hand to the back of your head and kissed you deeply with everything he had, like he’d never kiss again.

Hey Ragazza. Mi displace.”

He lifted the revolver to his head instead. BANG.

Drip. Drip. Drip. Your tears mixed with the blood pooling on the floor. His blood.

Why Romano. Why didn’t you live for me. You know there’s no way I can survive without you right? How is it possible that you became my everything in just a few days?

Don’t worry Romano. I’ll be with you soon.

BANG.

…………………………………………………

Those who walked came to their final place, saw a sight both beautiful yet tragic. Two lovers who died for the sake of one another. Two lovers who died in the arms of each other.

Two lovers so young but loved like no other.

………………END…………………………..