(Hetalia) Depressed! Japan X Nurse! Reader- Drowning

Inspired by the tragic Japan Tsunamis back in 2011.

Depressed! Japan X Nurse! Reader- Drowning

He couldn't breathe. He couldn't scream. The water filled his burning lungs and muffled his pained screams. It was pulling, tugging, dragging him deeper into its murky depths. The screams of his people echoed in his ears, amplified by the suffocating waves. But Japan was a country and he couldn't die (as much as he wanted to). All he could do was watch in horror as his people drowned before him.

First came the earthquakes that devastated his land and sent him into a horrible bedridden fever. But every time he closed his eyes all he saw was death, pain, suffering and sorrow. And he couldn't do anything to help. But then the tsunamis came.

As Japan fought his fever, each death took a worse toll on him. One by one he felt the deaths as though he was dying himself. But still no one came to help him. Never had he felt so helpless. So weak. So... Alone.

Finally the nuclear power plant. Japan could feel the poison running through his blood. Dying. Death. Dying. Death. Those were the only things that filled his mind. And eventually those were the only thoughts he could have.

He was drowning. He was drowning in the water. In his fears. In his depression.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Honda-san... I'm Nurse (L/N) (Name). I'm here to help you feel better in any way I can..." You trailed off quietly as you noticed his lack of response.

Japan stared blankly out the window. It was as though he hadn't heard you. He did not even blink, too afraid of the things he would see when he did.

"Is there anything I can do for you at this moment?" You murmured reaching out a hand to fluff his pillow.

"Don't touch me." He flinched and snapped at you, empty eyes boring into yours.

You left the room that day, confused and upset wondering what he could have gone through to become so... Broken.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day after day you returned to the solitary white ward to try and bring Honda-san out of his shell.

But day after day he ignored you. Blank unblinking eyes staring into the distance, not a word spoken to you since the day you had met.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At this point you had tried everything. Smiling, crying, laughing, telling him jokes, telling him stories, pleading him to tell you what was wrong.

But he didn't have the slightest response.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Today's my last day Honda-san. I'm incredibly sorry I didn't help. But Honda-san, I know I probably have no right to say this and I have absolutely no idea what you are going through but nothing is going to change if you sit here and mope. What happened may have broken you but that doesn't mean you can't piece yourself together again. For the sake of yourself and those you are mourning for let us help you... Let me fix you."

You were almost crying, eyes glistening with unshed tears. Clenching the fabric of your uniform tightly you turned and prepared to walk away but a quiet voice stopped you.

"...that's the problem (L/N)-san. Some people are too broken to be fixed."

As you walked out the door you failed to notice the tear that fell from Japan's eyes.