Taking Those Steps Forward (Part 1)

(Life after the Killa Kings, read this once you've finished the other chapters please.)

Romeo's POV

"Your behaviour today was unacceptable, Romeo! I will not stand for violence in my school, especially against our teachers. Do you understand me?" I heard Principle Jones shout although my mind was too occupied as I counted the permanent frown and stress lines that he has developed since working at this school.

Why was I in this overheated principle's office at this time of the day? Well, I just so happened to overhear two of the English teachers talking shit about my father. They were saying that he ain't nothing but a no good thug. Now, I was gonna let that fly because yes my father was a thug, the scariest thug you'd ever come across, so I was gonna ignore that and proceed with my day until I heard my mother's name fall out their mouths. Let me explain something real quick. Up until five years ago, I didn't have much to live for, that was until a angel literally saved me. Her name was Demi. Not only did she find me almost dead and nursed me back to health, she offered me a new start, a new family. Now I have two things to live for. My family and basketball. When either one is threatened or foul-mouthed all senses are lost and I lose my cool. Now instead of these teachers doing what they're paid to do, they just wanted to sit around and talk about how good my mother's ass looks and what they would like to do with her. If you were in my shoes, what would you do? That's right, you'd beat the shit out of them. Unfortunately for me, my boys were with me so I only got two punches to the nose of one of the teachers before my boys held me back. Now the only thing running through my mind is getting back out there and beating those teachers up.

"I've had to call your parents, Romeo." he sighed out in frustration although he had calmed down a little and didn't look like he was about to have a heart attack anymore. Still I stayed quiet, not saying a word.

My father taught me that. He always said, "Son, when you're in trouble, don't say anything! Understand me? Never give them anything, even if you're innocent, just keep your mouth shut and wait for a lawyer or me to get there."

So that was what I was doing, keeping my mouth shut and waiting for my father to arrive.

"My goodness, Romeo! You're our star player, you can't be getting into trouble like this! You're so lucky your parents are so generous with their donations otherwise I would have to kick you off the team!" he yelled. while grabbing a tissue and wiping down the sweat that had formed on his huge bald head.

The principle was trying to throw all the empty threats he could at me. There was no way in hell my father would allow him to kick me off the team. Dad would go insane just at the thought. Before the old man could continue on with his rant that was literally going in one ear and out the other, a knock on the door followed by the receptionist Miss Green's head popping in between the slightly opened door.

"Mr Jones, Romeo's father is here." she said in a breathless and dreamy tone that caused me to mentally roll my eyes.

My dad was twenty-eight but he looked like he was in his early twenties and it didn't help with all the tattoos that he still sported. We usually get mistaken for brothers and by the smirk on my dad's face, he loved every minute of it.

As for my mom? It was worse, she had a baby face and even though she was twenty-six, she was always mistaken for twenty one and the amount of times she was hit on by other men drove my dad crazy. Even more crazy was that people hardly believed that my parents had five kids with two more on the way, they looked that young.

"Send him-" Principle Jones began but was soon cut off as my dad barged his way in without waiting for a invite causing me to try and hide my laugh, while Mr Jones looked taken aback by the sudden intrusion.