Chapter 6

Demi's POV

*Two weeks later*

I was in a deep slumber only to be woken up by a tickling sensation all over my face. Squinting one eye open, I came face to face with a smiling Justin who was holding onto a beautiful red rose, which I'm assuming was the weapon he used to tickle me out of my sleep.

"Justin, it's too early, leave me!" I whined in my best baby voice, while taking the rose out of his hand and smelling it.

Holding a hand to his chest, "Damn, it's like that. After I brought you a rose and breakfast?"

My head snapped up so fast, I'm surprised it didn't pop off. "Ooh what'd ya get me Drew?"

"Stop with the middle names, Devonne." He emphasized my middle name before tossing me the McDonalds bag.

Opening up the bag I looked inside before looking up at him. Leaning over I placed a small kiss on his lips before saying, "Thank you baby."

Leaning back in my bed we sat in a comfortable silence while watching Tom and Jerry on my flat screen. My mind started to drift off to these past couple of weeks which have been ah-maz-ing. School's going by like a breeze, I've fallen back in love with Cali and to top it off, I've spent every spare moment with Justin. It feels like we've been best friends for years. Although there are lots of things I've still not opened up to him about, and I'm sure that's the same with him.

My thoughts were interrupted by an obnoxious laugh, "Demi, you ate all that food already?"

"What, I was hungry!" I shrugged.

"How are you so tiny, but eat like a giant?"

I almost fell laughing at his serious expression, "I don't know, guess I got a fast metabolism."

We settled back into a comfortable silence for about another twenty minutes before he spoke up again. "Hey can I ask you a question? You don't have to answer if you're not ready."

My heart started to beat a little faster at the thought of all the different questions he could possibly ask, "Yeah, s-sure I guess."

"How do you afford all this? This penthouse, the cars, college and not to mention your closet full of designer shit and I know you don't have a job."

Blowing out a sigh of relief, I was glad he didn't ask anything as to why I left. I wasn't too shocked he asked where my money came from it was bound to come up sooner or later.

"My father." I stated simply.

"And where is he exactly?"

"In a gold plated coffin, six feet in the ground, under a beautiful oak tree at Evergreen Cemetery."

"Gosh." I heard him whisper. Wrapping his arms around my waist he pulled me closer to him and placed soft kisses on my neck, "I'm sorry Demi, I didn't mean to make you upset."

I smiled a little before pulling away so I can look into his eyes, "No you didn't and you deserve to know." I got comfortable in his arms, before taking a deep breath. "My father's name is Dominic Lovato." I looked up to see his expression, and just as expected he had a shocked expression on his face.

"Well that explains a whole lot." he chuckled.

Dominic Lovato, was the man that everyone knew. He owned five-star hotels, clubs, restaurants, galleries all over the world, shit he even owned the Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers and the Miami Heat at one point. Literally making millions of dollars a week.

"Two years ago he was diagnosed with a brain tumor." I said, wiping away a tear that had fallen. "When he told me, I felt like my world had just came crushing down. The doctors didn't give him long to live. The tumor was already in stage three and it was spreading so fast, and throughout those next six months, I watched my father fade away and slowly die."