Chapter 26

Demi's POV

I sluggishly made my way out of my accounting class and headed for my car. It felt like today was dragging on forever. Maybe it was the fact I couldn't remember the last time I've had a good night's sleep, all I know is that I couldn't wait to get home and drown in my own misery.

Once in my car I pulled out of the school car park and made my way to the closest supermarket. I urgently needed to stock up on ice cream and chocolate. The sound of my phone went off causing me to groan. Usually I'd let it ring but after the abuse I got from Selena and Ariana about not picking up I knew it was in my best interest to just answer.

"Hello?" I said as I pulled out tubs of Ben & Jerry's ice cream and threw them in the trolley.

"Demi?" A deep male voice answered through the phone.

My eyes widened open and I pulled the phone away from my ear so I could look at the caller ID.

Damn, I should have checked before I picked up.

"What's up?"

"Don't give me that gloomy shit, Demi. I'm gonna be at yours in half an hour, no ifs or buts."

He hung up before I could even reply.

I sighed heavily and stuffed my phone back into my pocket and made my way to the aisle that had the candy and chocolate. After I got what I needed I too, I took everything to the counter and paid for it.

I needed to take a shower and look semi decent. As soon as I got home, I jumped out of my car and ran up to the elevator, impatiently tapping my foot once I was inside waiting to get to the top. Once inside I put my ice cream in the freezer and ran upstairs to take a shower. After a quick body shower, I threw on some casual clothes and tied my hair in a messy bun. Taking in my appearance in the mirror, I still looked like shit. My puffy red eyes, stared back at me with my ugly bags from lack of sleep. Collar bones were popping out due to the amount of weight I'd lost, and my skin was pale due to the lack of sun I've gotten.

The sound of the front door opening made me jump slightly and look away from the mirror.

"Demi!" he yelled from downstairs.

I grabbed my blanket and walked down the stairs and into the lounge room where he was.

"Hey." I mumbled softly as I walked over and gave Jaxon a hug.

"I missed you Demi."

"I missed you too Jaxo."

I fell back onto the couch, wrapping myself in the thick blanket.

"You've been doing okay?"

Shrugging my shoulders, I fought hard to not start bawling there and then. He reminded me so much of Justin. He even smelled like him.

"I'm okay." I whispered as he sat next to me.

"You don't have to lie to me Dems, he may be my brother but you're my little sister too. Talk to me."

I laughed bitterly as I looked up at him and a tear fell from my eye.

"You wanna know how I am? Okay, I can't sleep, I can't eat. I can barely breathe without him." I cried out as he rubbed my back and hugged me. "I wanna hate him Jaxon, I do but I can't. I love him so much that I can't even hate him. I miss him so much, I don't think I can live without him to be honest."

It's been almost two weeks since the incident at the club. I've pretty much avoided everyone like the plague. The only time I left my room was to go to school and come straight back.