Chapter 8

Demi's POV

Shielding my eyes from the light that creeped through the curtains, I stretched out my body. Leaning up on my elbows I looked around in a confused daze at the unfamiliar bedroom that I was in. Looking down, I was in nothing but black lace underwear and a shirt that was two times my size.The scent that emanated off the shirt I was wearing quickly reminded me of where I was and whose shirt I was in. Like a flash, memories of last night filled my mind and I couldn't refrain from plastering a massive smile across my face. I quickly but silently trotted off to the enormous en-suite and found a fresh face towel, moisturizer and a new toothbrush sitting next to the sink. Once I finished my hygiene routine, I glanced one last time in the mirror while running my fingers through my long brown locks making it look some what decent and slipped on some of Justin's sweats. Skipping out the bathroom and out of Justin's room, I made my way down the spiral staircase and followed the scent of food. Coming closer to what I assumed was the kitchen, I could hear more than one voice projecting from the kitchen.

"Bizzle look, we gotta take out that guy Aaron soon. I found out he's been taking money from us." I heard a voice say which sounded like Drake's. Feeling goosebumps at the thought of them killing someone, my body was stuck.

I was stuck between listening a little while longer to see what Justin would respond or just going ahead and making my presence known and not even hear the outcome. Curiosity got the best of me and I leaned a little closer to hear what was being said.

"He's taking money? Bring him to me. I'ma remind him why people don't steal from me. And Drake, find out where his mother lives, I'ma send that bitch his body parts to her."

Drake responded with a laugh, "Yes, I'ma carve him up real good."

"For real, it's been a while since I've killed. I'm missing it. Ain't nothing sweeter than taking a life."

I gasped at what was being said. This time it was Justin speaking, only he sounded somewhat different. So empowering, angry, frightening.

Taking a deep breath, I started to back away from the kitchen, with every intention to run back into the room and try to forget what was just said.

"Was that you, Demi? Why didn't you say you woke up?" I heard Xavier's loud voice rumble from behind me, making me jump. I looked back to see him coming down the stairs walking towards me.

I looked back over towards the kitchen only to see Drake, Justin, Randy and Christopher, who I met a few weeks ago, staring me down.

Uh oh, caught. Think of something Demi, think think think....

"Yep, I just woke up, I didn't know where you guys were." I said in a shaky voice but tried to recover with my 'charming' smile. I couldn't make eye contact with anyone because they would know I was lying. Quickly taking a glimpse I noticed Justin clenching his jaw, shaking his head.

Thankfully Drake broke the awkward moment by throwing his arm around my shoulder and pulling me deeper into the kitchen. "You hungry, Demi? I know Justin is being too impolite and not offering," he smiled while nodding his head towards Justin.

Trying to lighten the mood I quickly responded while walking over to the stools situated around the island, "Why you cooking, Chinky?" I giggled.

"What'd I tell you about that damn nickname, that's not cute. "

I just shrugged and watched as Drake put a plate of scrambled eggs, bacon and toast in front of me. Mumbling a thanks I dug right in, trying to ignore the fact that Justin barely looked my way. The boys engaged in small talk while I kept my attention on my food, so focused with eating I didn't notice that everyone had left the kitchen but Justin. He made his way over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist and nested his face in the back of my neck planting small kisses.