Chapter 14: Vilaina

Vilaina's POV:

“I'll tell you, because I want to start over. I don't want to be bossed around anymore by her. I want to be a person I would like to be friends with.” I say which seems to confuse her.

So, I say to her tiredly, “My mother, Pansy Parkinson.”

“What did she do to you?” she asks.

“She...” I start and suddenly I am back to that day, the day it all started.

***Vilaina's Flashback***

“Vilaina, darling?” my father calls up the stairs of our elegant home.

I am a tiny five year old, sitting on my bed reading The Tales of Beatle the Bard.

“Yes Papa?” I ask him.

“Your mother wants to see you darling. You had best go see her now child. I have work to do, but come see me when she is finished with you.” he says me and then walks off.

I put down my book and straighten my dress; it is pink and is very pretty. I pick up Orange, my white cat. I run down the stairs, stopping only to slide down the banister.

“Vilaina! What are you doing? Get down from there NOW!” my mother screams at me as she walks out of her office to see me sliding down the banister.

She is wearing a short black dress and matching high heels, the typical type of clothing for my mother.

“Come now, I want to talk to you about something.” she says and she walks with me towards her office.

She sits down in her large panther skin covered chair and motions for me to sit in the huge leather chair in front of her desk.

“Yes Mother, what do you wish to talk to me about?” I ask her.

“We are having a dinner party tonight, Vilaina,” she says to me strictly, “I want you to be on your best behavior. The Malfoys will be there and I want you to be your usual adorable self around Scorpius.”

“Yes Mother.” I say as my heart sinks. Scorpius is the son of Draco Malfoy. Mother wants me to marry him, so I have to hang around him all of the time. I don't mind Scorpius but I would prefer to have him as a friend, not someone I will have to marry. I mean, really, I’m only 5 years old!

“And remember Vilaina, I want you to be on your absolute best behavior. You have to keep up the Parkinson perfection that has existed for more than 100 years. If you fail, you will not see the light of day until Christmas.” she says strictly and I know that she means every word of it.

I sigh and walk towards my bed room chamber. I don't want to be perfect; my brother has it more easily than me. He doesn't have to be perfect. I have to walk in a straight line, have perfect posture, eat politely, only talk when spoken to and most of all be a perfect little angel around guests. I have never been able to go outside and get dirty.

My father and mother got married because of an arranged marriage, after mother couldn't get married to Draco Malfoy. She hates him because he rejected her and plans on getting him back by having me marry Scorpius, which is why I have to be all clingy around him.

My life is no fun...I have to be perfect; I hope that when I get to Hogwarts I will be able to be free.

*

6 years after that day, when I was getting on the train my mother had a conversation with me that has steered my whole first year at Hogwarts.

“Vilaina,” she says as we walk towards the train, “This year at Hogwarts, I need you to do a few things for me and then I promise that you will be free to act however you want.”

I feel a blossom of hope after she says that and nod to indicate my understanding.

“I need you to be mean to all others that aren't in Slytherin, I need you to become a Slytherin, I need you to keep going at Scorpius and I need you most of all to be rude to Weasel and Granger's daughter, the red haired one with curls, her name is Rose. I need you to be the meanest to her and her friends. Alright?”

“Yes Mother.”

“Good Vilaina. Now get on the train and remember those things this year. Have a good time.” she says and I get on the train with my cat and luggage.

That has steered my whole year at Hogwarts. I have had many sleepless nights, plotting how I will get Scorpius to like me, so that my mother will finally be able to set me free and I will be able to do what I want with my life.

But now I see that she probably knew that all of these things were impossible and now I will never be free, so I might as well start being the person I want others to like.

******End of Vilaina's flashback*****

I see Julia staring at me, amazed and obviously horrified. Her parents are probably incredibly kind, seeing how she nice she turned out.

“Your mother is that mean?” she asks me.

I nod as the tears flow down my cheeks.

“I'm s-so sorry for everything.” I sob.

“Sh...it's fine.” she says and hugs me.

“Promise you won't tell anyone?”

“I promise.” she says and I know that she will stay true to her promise, unlike my mother.

“Now why don't we go to bed, it's getting late. Tomorrow you can start being nice.” she says and I nod, sniffling.

I told her the entire truth and I'm glad that I did, it feels as if a heavy weight has been lifted and as I go down to the Slytherin common room, I feel a smile, a true smile, on my face. I think I've made my first real friend.

As I snuggle into the blankets I can't help smiling and thinking that the rest of the year might not be that awful, if I can become friends with Julia and her friends. I want to say sorry to Gwen. I didn't mean to be mean to her.

I know that she is still awake because I see the light inside of her bed shining.

“Gwen...” I whisper to her.

“Yes? What is it Vilaina?” she asks me.

“I'm sorry for that day on the train.” I say truthfully.

She looks surprised, but calmly says, “It's all right. I'm willing to start over and be friends again. Are you?”

I nod and smile at her. She smiles back at me.

As I pull my curtains closed and drift to sleep, I can't help but feel proud of myself. Two friends. Gwen and Julia.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading! I am soo sorry that it has been such a long time! Thank you for all of the votes, reads and comments, I appreciate every single one. Thanks again for all of your support! I love how much support I have gotten and I appreciate every single read, comment and vote! :)