Chapter 22: Summer Magic

• Dedicated to You

I whoop as I fly into the sky. I can’t believe it. I’m playing Quidditch for the first time and the sport that seemed so terrifying from the ground, is actually a lot of fun!

School ended a few weeks ago and although I still miss Vilaina, I’ve been having a lot of fun with James, Alice, Albus, Scorpius and Rose.

“Pass me the Quaffle!” I scream to Rose, who throws the bright red ball to me.

I soar towards James, who’s playing Keeper for the opposite team. I really hope I can score, although I probably won’t, since he’s an amazing keeper! I throw the ball and it flies past him! I can’t believe it; I just scored on James Potter!

“Yeah Julia!” Albus whoops.

We’re playing three on three Quidditch in the Weasleys backyard; Rose, Albus and me verses James, Alice and Scorpius. And I think we’re pretty well matched.

I love that my friends are so amazing. Seriously, in the past few weeks, they’ve been incredible. Any time that I looked down, they immediately attacked me with questions about my well-being and although it sometimes gets annoying, I love that they care!

I do a loop in the air and smile at the queer sensation in my stomach. Flying is so much fun!

“Kids!” Hermione calls from below and we all fly down to meet her, “It’s time for lunch and guess what?”

“What?” we all chorus.

“Your Hogwarts letters came!”

Yay! I’m so excited to get back to Hogwarts and see all my friends and Selena. Hogwarts really feels like a second home, with my house as number one and the Burrow as number three. I love magic, it’s really become part of my life and I can’t believe that less than a year ago I didn’t even know it existed.

Magic is truly amazing.

Disclaimer: All Harry Potter related material belongs to the wonderful J.K. Rowling.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading Amaranth. I really appreciate it, and I would love it if you could comment/vote. Thanks for reading until the end! Julia and the others will possibly be returning in the future, so keep a look out!