•Prologue•

Leo

The day had finally arrived, what day, you may be asking yourself. Leo's eighteenth birthday, what's so great about his eighteenth birthday, you ask, I'll tell you! In every young Lycan's life they are without their other half or Mate if you will, that is until their eighteenth where their noses go into a overdrive like state where they can sniff out their mates from miles away. Leo just so happens to be in luck today because today is the day his whole life changed...

-

My hand gripped the number two pencil tightly, each second that ticked by made me more and more agitated, well I had a right to be agitated today, today was my birthday. The day I meet my perfect mate, well they could be blind or crippled and I'd still see them as perfect. I shook off the thought and looked back at my paper, fresh snow fall, that's was what came to my mind. That was the only way to describe my pure white and blank test. Nothing had been touched not a single bubble.

"That's it for today class! Those who haven't finished MUST see me after school." I shot a glare the teachers way before quickly scribbling my name on the paper.

I swiftly handed my paper, ignoring the disbelieving look the teacher threw my way once she saw my mostly blank test. I clutched my backpack that was leisurely thrown over my back, my eyes darted to every clock they could find. I just had to wait a few moments more and I would be able to finally have my other half I longed for and desired to have. My thoughts were cut off when I was tackled to the ground, with my stomach pressed to the dirty floor and a heavy weight positioned on my back.

"Yo, what's up! I missed you, you little rascal you! Have you seen Jessy? can you talk about skank?" I sighed when the heavy weight spoke, I was relieved to see it was my friend and my Packs healers son, Darc.

"Please get off me! And stop hating on Jessy your still upset she took your eraser on accident last week." I shouted out trying to get Darc off me and he unwillingly obliged.

He tsked at me before sassily placing his hand into his curvy hip and speaking,"First of all, happy birthday bitch... Second, who accidentally steals a batman eraser?" he scowled as he dusted himself off.

I rolled my eyes and began walking away, I knew he would follow, he always did.

"Leo! Leo! Leo! Leonardo Deline Thomson you listen to me when I speak to you!" Darc screeched as we waltzed into the cafeteria, no one looked up because Darc went on what he called 'Diva Rants' daily.

I sat down at my table and pulled my bagged lunch from my backpack, I reached in and pulled out an apple. I sighed as Darc ranted about the lunches, I bit down on the apple and zoned out. Seems like today is gonna be longer than I thought.

-

My had lazily reached for the front door of the pack house, Darc had said something about feminism before e marched off out of the school and headed to goddess knows where.

I heaved the door open and sighed, three more minutes and I officially turn eighteen.

I smiled and entered the house only to be greeted by loud bangs, curses, and snarls. My smile quickly faded as I dropped my bag and bolted to the basement of the pack house where the holding cells were.

Two more minutes...

My ripped the basement door open and ran down the stairs, my eyes took only moments to adjust to the dimly lit room, the loud noises grew louder and louder.

One more minute...

My eyes met those of a madman, his emerald eyes were glossed over with sick excitement and raw insanity. He loomed over me a sick smile across his shadow hidden face. I glanced down at the two unconscious pack members who laid battered on the floor.

Times up...

My nose seemed to go into overdrive, instantly a sweet but bitter scent washed over me. I heard a confused grunt, I lifted my eyes to see the madman with a wildly confuse frown on his handsome face.

He looked into my disturbed and shocked eyes and whispered a word that would change my life forever...

'Mine...'