Chapter Thirty - Dirty Thirty.

Lennon.

The bed dipped down beside me and for some reason my mouth decided to let out a gurgled groan sort of noise. As soon as it escape my lips I clamped my mouth shut - I really wasn't attractive in the morning.

I waited a minute or so before opening my eyes slowly. I watched Harry as he scowled at his laptop screen. I felt my stomach drop for a reason I couldn't put my finger on until I sat up and my eyes focused on the screen.

"You were serious about moving out?" His voice was indifferent, I couldn't tell how he was feeling.
"Um-" I paused, the words becoming a wasted breath in my mouth. "I, well yes, I thought you hated me or something."
"I told you I could never hate you."
"Your life would have been a lot easier if I left you alone."
"I don't want to start this again, it's over. Let's just enjoy this tranquil moment because no doubt it will be rare."
"Don't jinx anything." I replied but my voice as hard as stone.

After we got back from our impromptu, unromantic breakfast at McDonald's the house was completely deserted. There was a note scrawled on a napkin left on the counter top in the kitchen - everyone had gone to the seaside without us. Liam shot a text to Harry saying they were trying to calm Louis down, make him see sense. We could only prayer the sea breeze, fish and chips and pier arcades would make him less pessimistic.

Naturally myself and Harry found ourselves with an empty house thus took it to our advantage. We ordered pizza for lunch and Chinese for dinner - we really couldn't care that we probably just ate a weeks worth of calories in one day. We must have watched a whole two series of game of thrones without making any effort to move. However when we ascended to the bedroom, we did anything but stay still...

"What you doing anyway?" I asked, peering over at his screen. He shifted it away which only made me more curious. I sat dead upright, crossed my arms over my chest and raised my eyebrows at him.
"Nothing." He muttered under his breath.
"If it's porn I'm sorry I don't have big boobs like that but I bet they're not real."
"What? Why would I be looking at that? You satisfy me more than I could ask for." He smirked, his eyes wavering around the room as mine did. The thoughts of last night filling our minds, reliving the events.
"So if it's not something R rated, what is it? You're not part of some weird fan culture are you?" I asked sceptically. "Not like there's anything wrong with them, you shouldn't be ashamed but you can tell me."
"What on earth are you going on about?"
"So you mean that shrine in your closet with Mila Kunis' face everywhere is nothing?" I joked, watching his face screw up into all sorts of confusion.
"Totally," he replied sarcastically, mocking my girl voice. "She's not my type though, sorry love."

We sat in silence, he didn't move and neither did I. I think he was waiting for me to turn away so he could resume what ever he was doing. But I didn't and he sighed heavily, noticing I wasn't backing down.

"Alright I was looking at houses." He spoke eventually, flipping the screen round so I could see too.
"For who?" I asked, noticing the location.
"Us."
"Oh."
"Nothing is set in stone, I was just looking. I was going to ask you first. It's only an hour away from London, we're still close but I just want to escape. Maybe not forever but until everything dies down." I was nodding along to his words, listening to how honest he sounded.

"Liam had a look for any decent houses yesterday along the sea front. Said there's a nice one with a great view, even has a hot tub in the garden." He paused again, his fingers hovering over the mouse pad.

"The master bedroom is in the attic and it's all done up inside, it looks brand new and," he stopped briefly. "Please say something I'm rambling."
"I," I honestly couldn't find the words to say for a few seconds. "That sounds amazing."
"Really?"
"Really." I grinned. "But what about jobs and money and everything? Are you still going to be part of the South?"
"I'll always be part of the South and I'll be able to help when it's needed urgently."
"Have you spoken about it with Paul?"
"I told him I wanted to find a safe place to live, he was the one who suggested Brighton in the first place. He's sending Cherry there when she graduates. Got her a job and everything."
"Oh, cool."
"And I have a surprise for you."
"What?" I replied back, excitement thrown into my words.
"It's a surprise you idiot," he laughed loudly and pinched my cheek much to my displeasure.
"When do I get it?"
"You won't get it."
"Won't get it? Now I'm confused."
"Good."