Chapter Two - Sleeping Alone.

Lennon.

The presence that appeared over my shoulder failed to distract me from what I had been doing for the past four hours. My fingers were cramping, my head was aching and my eyes were burning from looking at a computer monitor for so long, but I had gotten nowhere and I refused to give up so easily.

 His hot breath caused my fingers to stop moving for only a split second before I focused back onto searching through more archives. The writing on the screen was beginning to the blur, it was all becoming one big pixelated mess in front of my eyes. I sighed heavily and arched my back, letting it press into his chest and my bones clicked painfully. I sighed again, this time in relief as my body felt somewhat normal again.

 The room was completely dark besides the laptop shining dimly in front of my face. I could hear him sighing and tossing and turning for the past hour, mumbling to himself too. His hands rested on my shoulders, pressing down before moving in circle motions. It was hard to concentrate when his fingers were drawing me away from my trance. 

“Come to bed,” he whispered into my ear, his lips ghosting across my skin. I closed my eyes slowly and leant my head back against Harry’s bare chest. I murmured something incoherently and tried to sit straight up again, but his hands pressed down firmly on my shoulders. 

“You’ve been at it for hours, what ever you might fight will still be there in the morning.”

“Harry,” I moaned, not out of pleasure, but out of annoyance.

“You work best when you’re awake, not when you’re tired.”

“I haven’t found anything yet,” I pouted, although he couldn’t see as he rested his chin on top of my head.

“When I said you could help, I didn’t mean for you to stay up until two in the morning.”

“I know-“

“I know why but he’s probably got no leads either.” He sighed heavily down my spine. “Now come to bed, I don’t like sleeping alone.”

“Someone’s needy,” I joked. He grunted grumpily and closed the lid of my laptop, reaching over my head. 

His hand was entwined with mine before I even left the wooden chair my body had moulded to. I followed his steady path across the bedroom before crashing out onto the mattress. I didn’t even have the effort to pull the covers up, I remained still as my body pointed out every ache I had caused. Harry’s arms stretched across the bed, rolling me onto my side facing him. I couldn’t help but groan, I was evidently starting to regret not moving all afternoon, especially considering I hadn’t found anything. 

The covers wound around our bodies naturally as Harry pulled them up to our necks. I tucked my arms underneath before Harry wrapped his arms back around my waist, leaving barely any distance between our bodies. The heat radiating from him was almost soothing for my muscles which hated me right now. 

My eyes peeled open when his fingers tips ran up and down my spin, caressing the skin on my back softly. I didn’t move or say anything until I felt his hand move across my body until it stopped on my ribs, next to my chest. 

“Harry,” I murmured into the pillow. From the little light emitting from between the curtains I could see his eyes were tightly shut, unlike mine. His hand continued to brush against my skin, rubbing circles across my body under the shirt I was wearing. I let out a deep breath before reaching up and stopping his hand from moving any further. “Harry, it’s two in the morning.” 

“Think of all the fun we could have had if you came to bed earlier,” he purred almost inaudibly. I shivered at his suggestive tone and closed my eyes again.