Chapter Thirteen - Hennon.

Lennon.

My feet were almost dragging along the ground as the dirt bike hurdled over the path and up the hill. My arms clung onto Anita’s arm around my neck. I was barely touching the seat, I had to use any strength I had to keep myself from crashing to the floor. For a quad bike it could go impeccably fast, even with three people on it. 

Thankfully the path levelled out after a while, it still wasn’t easy to cling on but at least I wasn’t falling off the seat as much. My nails began to draw blood from Anita’s arm, which only made her lock her arm around my neck even tighter. I gasped for air, spluttering with each breath I could catch. She didn’t loosen her arm until the engine cut off. 

Axel hadn’t said anything since kidnapping me for the second time. He flung his leg over the seat, snatched the keys and wandered away from the bike. I tried to see what he was doing but Anita’s arm grew tighter and tighter until I could feel the air in my lungs becoming trapped. I managed to swing my elbow back and hit her straight in the stomach. She didn’t let go but she let me breathe again. 

I even tried biting her arm but that only caused her to tighten her grip again. I turned as best as I could to look at her. Staring straight in her eyes, willing for mine to turn black. My actions only caused her to smile oddly. She started laughing, almost howling at me. 

“You think that’s gonna work on me little girl?” She chuckled loudly, pushing me away from her to the ground. I stumbled to my feet and caught my breath, taking in large gasps of air finally. I turned to look for an escape route but she snapped a handcuff around my wrist and the quad bike before I even took a step. 

“That silly eye trick only works on the weak.” She smirked as she stood up to then look down on me. I gritted my teeth and tried to free my locked arm. She walked backwards, waggling the key in her fingers above her head. “I’ve seen your father do it enough times, it’s quite boring now. You make it look cute though.” She sneered in a patronising tone. 

“Where’s he gone?” I demanded to know. I couldn’t see Axel anywhere in sight, by the looks of things he’d walked back down the path we had just come up. I sat back down on the bike once my head started feeling light headed again. I checked around the bike for any water bottles or anything to drink but nothing. 

“Smoke, piss, how should I know?” She growled back. She stomped back over to the bike, the key still in her hand. I was adamant she was going to throw it over the mountainside. She seemed angrier than normal when she spoke, if that was even possible. 

“Trouble in paradise?” I spat back in a snarky tone. She knelt down in front of me, a wide grin on her face. 

“Your father maybe smart, powerful and rich but he should learn not to trust a fox.”

“If you think you’re a fox then why would you need to go to all this trouble to get whatever you want? Power? Money?” I probed, knowing I was digging myself into a hole but I’d given up caring. “Anyone who is smart enough can do it without the help of a man at all. Not so foxy now are you?” 

It didn’t surprise me when she slapped me round the face, not once but twice. I didn’t flinch, I took her hits and stared straight back at her. I’d hit a nerve evidently. She muttered under her breath in a language I didn’t know. 

“So what do you want?” I asked seemingly unfazed by her violence. “The money he’s gonna get? Or his power over London?”

“You don’t need to know, you’ll be dead soon anyway.”

“I figured as much,” I replied calmly, my attitude was making her more suspicious by the second. “So how can gonna off him? Bullet to the head? Slice his throat? Don’t spare any details, I’m really intrigued.”