Chapter Twenty Six - Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart?

Lennon.

I let out what was probably my fiftieth yawn in the past minute. It was six in the morning and no one had gone to sleep yet. I sat in the kitchen, my head resting on my hand against the table. Perrie pushed a mug of fresh coffee in front of me but I couldn't bring myself to drink it.

In Paul's office, a few doors down were the boys and Donnie and his brother. The shouting had died down from when they arrived two hours ago, minutes after Harry, Niall, Louis and I came back. Harry's hand never left mine on the way home, his thumb traced across my knuckles, pausing when he found a new cut. Their computer system had been shut down and yet I still felt exactly the same. Harry's eyes were hopeful but I couldn't match his expression. 

My head jolted up when I heard the doorbell ring, it was six in the morning, who else was stupid enough to be awake at this hour? I peered around the doorway, as did Eleanor and Perrie. My head shot straight back and I sprung to my feet when a line of police officers sprang through the front door. Eleanor left the kitchen, observing where they went. I was adamant they were back to arrest me again. I was already planning my speech in my head, begging them to let me go. But they didn't reach the kitchen, they went straight into Paul's office.

The South had an alliance with the police - they didn't get involved with one another so I couldn't understand why they were here. Eleanor came back in and shrugged her shoulders unable to get any info from anyone. Now we had to play the waiting game again.

Harry asked if I wanted to speak to the brothers, but I refused. Their faces repulsed me, just the thought of them was disgusting. He nodded understanding my wishes and followed the other boys into the office, where they still remained now. 

I must have fallen asleep with my head leant against the kitchen table, because when I felt a hand gently shake my shoulder the first thing I saw was the wooden table. I groaned and sat up right, my back aching from my unusual sleeping position. It was Harry, his eyes wide and doe-eyed. His hand slid down my back and rubbed circles across my spine and sore muscles. 

“You alright?” He asked softly, I noticed the room was empty besides the two of us when I fully adjusted to the bright sunlight blaring through the patio doors. I nodded and let out a small yawn. “Let’s get some fresh air?” It was more of a statement rather than a question but I followed him outside anyway. 

It was still only a little past seven in the morning, the sun had only just rose above the tree’s and the birds were still playing the morning melodies. I watched a night owl swoop across the tree line and disappear until darkness fell again later that evening. The forest like area at the end of the garden was just an overgrown mess. Nevertheless, Harry pulled me through the long grass and weeds until he stopped at the edge of the hidden pond.

Mosquitoes were buzzing around hysterically as we sat down on the dead tree trunk lying on the ground. We didn’t speak on our trek down the garden path but I could sense the tension in the air. 

Neither of us looked at one another, Harry sat with one leg bouncing up and down on the ground. I twiddled my thumbs in my lap, slowly wondering how we ended up here. His knee knocked against mine and I turned to look at him. His eyes sunk when he looked back at me, sadness written all over his face. I could tell he was disappointed I wasn't instantly my old self, my eyes were still demon like. And I think he knew just looking at me, I wasn’t his old Lennon. My dad would probably be laughing in his grave at my misfortune right now.