Chapter Eighteen - Voulez-vous Coucher Avec Moi?

(I'm not good at writing these scenes things so... yeah)

Lennon.

Harry was awake and attempting to make breakfast by the time I cracked an eyelid open. I wasn't exactly sure what he was cooking, all I could smell was smoke. I groaned loudly and rolled onto my side, clutching my stomach again. Why is the second day worse than the first? I opened my eyes properly when the distinct sound of the smoke alarm filled my ears. Harry opened the bedroom door, popping his head around.

"Nothing's burnt I swear," he sincerely spoke. I raised an eyebrow but didn't speak. "Sorry for waking you." He added, still in the same tone.

"Mm, it's 'kay." I murmured into the bed sheets. "I need to shower," I said speaking more to myself rather than Harry. He nodded and closed the door again. I flung back the covers, thanked The Lord for the clean sheets and hesitantly walked into the en suite.

The only good thing that came about having shorter hair was not having to tie it up when I showered. Other than that, it didn't feel like me and I don't think it ever would. The blonde hair had to go for sure, Harry might think it's amusing but his fantasises will have to remain unfulfilled. Once again I washed myself with Harry's 'manly' shower gel. It did make me feel fresh though. I clambered out of the shower and changed into a spare pair of clothes I thankfully had in Harry's apartment.

Before I even looked at what Harry had cooked, I gulped down half a glass of water and two paracetamols.

"Still bad?"

"Mm." I agreed as I sat next to him, a plate of food in front of both of us. "You know how to cook pancakes?"

"Bit of eggs, flour and stuff, surprisingly not hard." I was amazed at the lack of burnt food too.

"Why did the smoke alarm go off?"

"I tried making hash browns."

"Where are they?"

"I sprinkled their ashes in the bin."

"That bad?" I chuckled.

"They resembled charcoal by the time I was done."

"Ah," we both laughed again.

"Are you ready to go visit the others?"

"Yeah, I'm hoping one of the girls can rescue my hair."

"But-"

"No, I'll wear a wig if you're still fantasising about blondes in about two years time."

"Well I think you look good with any hair colour." He softly spoke, running his fingers through my hair as he stood up.

"Even bright green?" I grinned, a glint of playfulness in my eyes. He turned around after dropping his plate in the sink.

"You'd look like one of them troll dolls."

"Charming." I laughed. "Are we going to the hospital later?"

"I don't feel too bad, the painkillers Paul gave me seem to be working fine. How do you feel?"

"It's hard to tell with whole thing going on down there at the moment, I could probably wait a couple days, see how I'm feeling then."

"Okay, any feelings of death or anything let me know."

"Feelings of death? You mean like my heart stopping?" I jested. He rolled his eyes and shook his head as he continued to wash up again.

On the way to the new 'safe house/head quarters', we passed by the old house. Neither of us said anything as Harry pulled up to the curb and switched the engine off. We didn't leave the car but the damage done and what remained was clear to see. The front door was completely gone, what was left of the front wall was mainly black, coated in a thick layer of burnt wood and ashes. We hadn't been back there since that day and just looking at the derelict building brought back bad memories. Harry held my hand over his on the gear stick, gently rubbing his thumb over mine. I looked down at my lap and fiddled with the hem on the jumper.