Chapter Nineteen - Testing, Testing, 1..2..3..

Lennon.

Harry was charging up the stairs, two at a time like a galloping horse. I walked behind with ten times less enthusiasm. I scratched the back of my neck, the scar was barely visible now after three months. Since the doctor had given Harry the all clear completely last week, he hasn't stopped. I dreaded to think what he was like as a hyper three year old when I couldn't even keep up with him now.

Along with Harry the doctor had given me the all clear, except I was accessed months ago. He couldn't find any problems with my stomach although he did say the cut on my neck looked as if it had been infected at some point which could have caused the illness. Where it came from or what it was is still a mystery to this day. Zayn scolded Harry for tossing it so carelessly in the bin. Zayn tried examining it, as did Liam but neither could gain access to whatever was on it, so they disposed of it properly. Burnt it, burnt the ashes and then soaked them in acid. It was gone completely forever.

I was too busy thinking about what I was gonna cook for dinner to even noticed Harry had stopped outside the front door. I slammed straight into his back causing my nose to throb painfully. I groaned loudly and cupped my nose in my hands. I'd caused Harry to jump from my clumsiness making him drop his armful of carrier bags on the ground. We probably didn't need so much food but he claimed he was 'a growing man' who needed as much food as possible. Despite my arguments that he should be eating protein for growth, he still tossed in cookie crisp, Doritos and curly fries.

"Sorry," I mumbled with my hands still covering half my face.
"Trying to knock yourself out?" He scoffed playfully. "I beat you fair and square no need to fake an injury."
"You're half a foot taller! One of your strides is half of mine." I argued but it wasn't serious, apart from the fact his strides really were longer than mine. He could double step with ease.
"Sore loser."
"Sore winner."
"Did I mention the loser has to the give the winner a back massage, wash the dishes for a week and anything else they feel would bring delight to the winner."
"You're such an ass."
"You love insulting me," he pointed out, a grin appearing on his face.
"I only put up with because you don't charge rent." I smirked watching his smile drop.
"I'm offended!" He gasped in a camp like manner. I rose an eyebrow at him and he let out an awkward cough before turning around and unlocking the door finally, pretending that didn't just happen.

"What the he-" I slammed into Harry, again. He stopped abruptly just before we reached the kitchen. He set the carrier bags down on the kitchen counter top and pressed a hand across my mouth. I tried murmuring against his hand but he pressed even harder, almost cutting off my oxygen supply. He stared around the room, blocking his body with mine. I stayed completely still, almost holding my breath for some reason.
"I always close the bedroom door before we go out." I peered around him to question his random statement, but I didn't when I noticed the door wide open. I had that feeling in my stomach when you can tell something bad is going to happen. Something didn't feel right and Harry and I both knew.
"Maybe you forgot." I spoke but my nerves showed through my voice.
"I never forget." He breathed out heavily, his teeth gritted.

But he was right though, in the past three months, every time we both left the apartment he always closed the bathroom door, bedroom door and his office. He said it was out of habit he picked up when he was younger.

It was typical that three months of no worries, life threatening situations and death wishes felt like it was about to be destroyed. I could feel a heavy lump rising in my throat and a knot forming in my stomach. The only way I could compare would be the feeling before a roller coaster drops you to the ground from thirty flights high at an unimaginable speed. The obvious feeling of knowing you could die vivid in your mind before the adrenaline takes over. But I hadn't felt the adrenaline kick in. I had turned into a bag of nerves, my legs were shaking, my palms coated in a thin layer of sweat and my heart rate raising rapidly.