D.I.G-31

Hasen

I was about to be someone's father. Someone was going to look to me for the answers. Someone was going to look up to me. Though I was a little young, I had a full seven months to prepare.

We were still at the hospital due to Keish being monitored. They wanted to make sure nothing else was wrong with the baby. She was currently sleeping, but I was up trying to figure out who to tell first. Though I was beyond excited it was bittersweet. Because, I knew my child could come out with defects and shit.

I wish I would've taken that bottle from Keish. But, what's done is done and I'm not about to spend my life living in the past. In going to love my child no matter what. I could care less if the baby comes out purple. As long as it's here I'm going to love it until I die, and even after that.

I guess I could tell Chasity first since I was supposed to call her anyway. I dialed her number and waited for her to answer.

"Hey-"

"So you turn off your damn phone, have me worrying sick, and you want to call me back like shit is sweet? Oh hell no"

"I'm sorry Chas damn. I was so focused on trying to make sure Keish was okay"

"Is she? What did the doctor's say? You're on speaker phone"

"Who's all there?"

"Sunny, Dustin, Amelia, Eliza, and me"

"Damn I wish my parents and Angie were there too. But, she had alcohol poisoning"

"Oh shit! It must've been because of that damn wine"

"She's such a lightweight" Dustin said.

"Shut the fuck up fag. But she's pregnant too" I admitted proudly.

"I'm going to be an Aunt? Really? Oh my gosh" Eliza exclaimed excitedly.

"Yeah she's two months"

"Oh wow well congratulations. Where is she?" Chasity asked.

"In the bed sleeping. They're going to monitor her for a little bit"

"Well we're on our way"

"Nah don't come. I'll call yall when we get back home though"

"Really? Fine. We love you"

"Love you too" I mumbled hanging up. I really didn't want them to come here. I needed to get my thoughts together and Keish needed her rest. I wasn't about to put a strain on any of that.

How was I going to tell my parents? My parents were pretty cool, but they were serious about my education and future. A baby put a strain on both of those. They'd probably go as far as to give me money for an abortion.

But it wasn't their decision it was mine. I laid down and made this baby, and I was going to take care of it. I could give a fuck less what a mothafucka had to say about it. But, support from others is comforting. Either way my child is going to be taken care of.

"Hasen, is the baby okay?" Keish mumbled.

"Yeah from the looks of it. But, you need to push that button to call for a nurse" She nodded and tapped the button. The nurse came in and did all her nurse shit. She poured Keish a cup of water and left quietly.

"I wanna surprise your parents with this... Maybe we can take them out to dinner and do a joke?" Keish said after she drank her water.

"I don't think we should tell my parents at the moment"

"Why not? Hasen this is their grandchild"

"I understand that, but you have to understand this isn't something they'd be happy about"