D.I.G-01

Kiesh

I stretched my arms high over my head as my alarm clock rang throughout the room. I tapped it off and swung my legs over my bed. I slid my feet into my fuzzy slippers and trudged to my in-suite bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror conceitedly. I was truly a sight to see. I was what girl's wished they looked like.

I had dark brown eyes and curly black hair that touched my shoulders. I stood at a nice 5'6 with a slim fit body. I wasn't as thick as some other girls but, my body was the shit and still got the job done. My pink pouty lips curved into a smile and my pearly white teeth were revealed. After I did my usual hygiene routine I began thinking of what I'd wear for my day out. I was going out with my best friend, Haleah, and my boyfriend, Lucky. I hung out with them, more than anybody else. They were the only couple of people I could tolerate.

I grew tired of people quickly generally because they always had a problem with me being blunt. But, I've never felt the need to tone myself down to appease to others. I come as I am, I come how I am. See, I've known Haleah since the beginning of junior high. We both had slick mouths and felt as if we'd be the perfect duo. That's exactly what we were, the dynamic duo. We stuck together close and didn't let any new bitches in our crew in school. Girls desperately tried to make us a trio but we always told them the same thing. Threes a crowd and we don't do crowds.

I finally picked out a cute and appropriate outfit that I was satisfied with. I hopped in the shower quickly and got out. I began getting dressed when I heard a knock on my door.

"Honey" My mom called through the door softly. I rolled my eyes and let out an exasperated sigh. I had a feeling she had only come to my room to make a fuss about me coming in late all week. There were a series of graduation parties this past weekend that I absolutely couldn't miss. I had come in drunk last night and I'm sure I woke her up.

"What is it, Hayden?" I asked through the door tiredly. They always seem to bother me on the days I go out. Sometimes, I wonder if they just want me to stay in the house and wilt away like some tired old flower.

"Could you please open the door?" I gave a light laugh as I shook my head. Here we go.

"Are your hands broken?" She mumbled something before opening the door. I know sometimes she gets tired of my mouth but, I truly got it from her which most people wouldn't believe because she's become a bit docile over the years.

"Sweetheart, where are you going?" My exposed stomach in my Milano crop top caught her attention as she gave me a quick once over. I slightly towered over her in my pink platforms causing me to look down at her.

"Does it really matter? Do you really care? Because, it's coming off as nosy, and feigning fake concern" Her eyes widened as she held her hand to her chest. She chuckled slightly and cut her eyes at me.

"When do I ever? You know Keish you really ought to respect me and your father more. We've sacrificed so much to help you live this life you're so determined to live"

"All the fucking time! With Lucky, college, and my damn life in general! I'm sick of it. I just wish you'd get a life and worry about your own fucked up marriage." Her mouth hung open as my dad appeared at the door.

"And don't talk to me about sacrifices, when you chose to make those sacrifices. Don't punish me because you decided to be a parent" I continued as I slapped my hand against my thigh with every word. She had gotten me all riled up and the day hadn't even started.

"What's all the commotion?" He asked hesitantly. He groaned lowly and shifted his eyes between my mother and me swiftly.

"She's prying into my damn life again" My dad had broken up this argument enough times in the past to know where this conversation would ultimately end.