D.I.G-29

Hasen

When we got home, Keish fell asleep on my chest almost instantly. I couldn't help but think about her getting sick earlier. Could she be pregnant? I mean though she was on birth control that wasn't always effective.

Birth control could easily be manipulated. If Keish so much as took a pain killer, while she was on birth control the pill would be manipulated, and stop working. But, I don't remember her taking anything so maybe I'm over thinking it.

I wouldn't mind a baby with Keish. Hell I love her. But, now is most definitely not the damn time for a baby. When we finish with school we can start talking more serious shit like that. But, for now I need to focus on memorizing recipes for my class.

But, why would she just throw up like that? She damn sure wasn't sick. I would know if she was. Maybe stress? But, what the hell could she be stressing over? Maybe when Angie brought up Daniel it brought back old memories?

"I gotta know" I whispered in the darkness. I flung the covers off my body and gently moved Keish off my chest. I threw on a jacket and my slides and went to my car. I wouldn't be able to sleep if I didn't have a true answer.

When I made it to Walgreens, I went to the aisle with all the pregnancy tests. I grabbed three different brands and went to the register. The cashier gave me a strange look and scanned all the tests.

"Be careful kid" The old man said. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the bag. When are it back home my walking got slower. Did I really want to know? If she was pregnant some much shit would change.

But, it wasn't my decision it was God's.

"Keish" I said as I shook her body.

"What Hasen?" She rolled over with her eyes half way open.

"Come to the bathroom" I heard her groan behind me and sat on the toilet.

"What?" She mumbled when she came in.

"Take these for me" I held out the tests and her eyes widened.

"Are you fucking serious? You woke me up for this bullshit? Oh hell no! I'm going back to sleep"

"No Keish! You don't think it's crazy that you just spontaneously threw up? I just want to make sure it isn't what I think it is"

"I don't even have to pee" She crossed her arms over her chest and glared at me.

"Go drink something and then we'll wait"

"Fucking idiot" She mumbled stomping out of the bathroom.

"I love you more" I took off my jacket and shoes and waited for Keish to come back.

"What are we going to do if I'm pregnant?"

"Have a baby?"

"Why the hell do you always have jokes man?" I shrugged and sat down on the edge of the bed. Keish came over and sat on my lap with a sigh.

"I'm not sure if I even want to be pregnant. I'm still in school Hasen"

Keish

"And I'm not?" Hasen asked looking at me.

"You know what I meant. But I don't want your future to stop because of a baby"

"So, if you're pregnant you want an abortion?"

"No! Never! I just hope I'm not pregnant. But, if I am then so be it" Hasen kissed my forehead and interlocked our fingers.

"Alright I gotta pee now" I got up from his lap and went to the bathroom.

"I'll be right here Keish.... No matter what" He said from behind me. I nodded without turning around and went into the bathroom.