Chapter 25: What? (last chapter of book)

C'mon Kenzie. Wake up sweetheart.

t's about seven at night, and I'm leaving for a flight in a little bit.

I just wanted some time to take it all in. I'm actually moving. The best part about that is I'm starting off fresh, along with my family.

I continue to walk on the beach, my flats in my hands. I take a deep breath and I feel the cool wind blow through my hair. I look across the ocean and see the horizon, with the sky looking a shade of orange and pink. It's almost sunset.

I've been in Cali all my life. For me to be moving on from it is strange. I'm used to it here. But, starting off new might be good for me.

Yeah, I took my first steps here, spoke my first day, had my first day of school here in Cali.

Mom and Dad met here. Without Cali, I would've never existed along with Rosie and Alex. I love my parents. My Dad is amazing. He's always there for all of us. Me and Mom might have had out ups and downs, but after repairing our relationship, I wouldn't trade her for anyone else. I love her just the way she is.

I wanna experience love like theirs. Unconditional love seems like the best. I guess I gotta wait. I'm only sixteen turning seventeen next month. My prince will come soon.

So, yeah. A lot has happened here. But, I can't wait to see what New York will bring us. I know it's gonna be amazing.

I look around. I better start heading back. I head towards my car and get in, starting the engine.

I take a deep breath.

Goodbye Cali. Or even better, see you soon.

I hit the highway, heading to the airport.

After about fifteen minutes, I realize it's dark, but there's many cars on the same highway I am.

Suddenly, I hear someone singing obnoxiously. I turn my head and see the driver next to me, who has a bottle of liquor in his hand while the other is on the steering wheel.

I see his car get closer to mine, making me a little nervous. His car gets closer and closer and I feel terrified.

I honk my horn and try to get his attention to stop moving to the side.

I keep honking the horn multiple times, but getting his attention is not happening. He looks drunk outta his mind. I see more drunk drivers beside and behind him.

I see my car turn into the trees and I scream in terror as I see my car passing trees at a high speed.

My breathing gets heavier as I feel myself crying. I see a huge tree in front of my car, and before I know it, my car slams into a tree at full speed. Glass shatters, my car horn honks continuously.

I feel my eyes close and my body lunge forward , but stopped by my seatbelt.

My neck feels like it nearly just snapped. Pain takes over my body as I lunge back into my chair. I feel myself keep my eyes closed, my breathing slow but still there.

Kenzie, are you up? Kenzie?

It's that voice again....

Everything fades and everything seems to get blurry. I feel myself fade and a few seconds later it gets clearer.

As the bluriness fades, I see people that look familiar. When it finally gets clear, I realize it's Mom, Rosie, and Alex.

A smile is present on Mom's face as I fully open my eyes.

"You're awake," she says, smiling.

I have a confused expression on my face as I look around. Where am I? Then, I realize Dad is not here. What the hell?

"Wait, what happened? Are we in New York?"

"New York?," Rosie asks.

"Yeah. We're moving there aren't we?"

"No, we're moving to Canada," Alex corrects.

What the hell is going on right now?!

"What? Where are we?," I ask.

"California," Mom answers.

"But, we're supposed to be moving to New York! I was on my way to the airport!"

"New York? Why do you think we're moving to New York?," Mom asks.

"Are you guys serious?! We all made that decision! Remember the drama with Jake?! Remember I beat up Stacey Parker in school and we all agreed to move there?!," I asks, getting frustrated.

"Who's Stacey Parker?," Rosie asks.

"And who's Jake?," Alex adds.

"Don't worry guys. This must of been all a dream from her coma," Mom tells them.

I was in a coma?!

"Coma? For how long? How did I get into a coma?"

"You've been in a coma for a month and it was from a car accident on your way from a party that your friend Jamie was throwing at the beach. You went because it was your farewell party, since we were supposed to be leaving the next night. It had alcohol, and apparently from what Jamie said you left early. Then, the people driving beside you were drunk, causing you to turn into trees and get into a bad car accident."

"Where's Dad?"

They all exchange looks, making me nervous.

So, that all was a dream?

________________________________

Boom! Cliffhanger!!

Okay. So, if your confused, the whole book was just a dream except car accident part.

So, there's many questions you have. But, your biggest question is probably..

Where's Justin?

You wanna know? I'll tell you after Forever and Always is finished. I'll explain the whole cliffhanger after that book is finished.

Now...

Forever and Always is coming soon! You guys are gonna love it!

I love you all and keep it swaggy!

My kik: msswag15