Chapter 23: Family decision

Makenzie's POV:

Rosie loves you. Alex loves you. I love you. We all love you Kenzie.

We don't know what we would do without you.

I flutter my eyes open, sitting up.

There it is. It's the voice again. Mom's voice.

I take a deep breath and shrug my shoulders.

I get up to find Mom, Dad, Rosie, and Alex sitting at the table.

I raise my eyebrows. I take a seat with all of them.

"What's going on?," I ask all of them.

"Well, I heard you bawling last night," Rosie starts.

"Yeah, and I heard Dad screaming at Jake last night," Alex tells me.

"So, we both came to Mom and Dad. We all think you've been through a lot so far with the teasing at school, the fights, the drama. So, we said we want you to be happy again," Rosie explains.

Alex continues, "So, we both asked Mom and Dad if we could move here."

My jaw drops. I can't believe they're doing this for me.

"But, what about school? What about your sports, activities, academics?"

"We'll moving here will make it even easier to get into NYU. I mean, it's my dream college," Rosie expresses to me.

"Yeah, and Liz is here. That's good enough for me," Alex says.

"Me and your mother are okay with it. If we live here, we'll see your mother all the time. Her office building is here in New York," Dad tells me.

"I'm honestly fine with the whole situation. But, the choice is yours Kenzie," Mom says.

"Well yeah. I'd love to move here."

"Well, then it's official. We're moving to here. I can have us fly back to Cali and pack all our stuff. We can come back and officially move here," Dad says.

"Wait, we don't have a house here," I remind them.

"I actually already bought a house. Me and your father bought it a few months back, just in case you guys came to us with this decision," Mom reveals.

"But, I don't want you guys to base this decision off of me," I tell them.

"Kenzie, we're not just basing it off you. We're basing it off all of us."

I nod and take a deep breathe. I do like it here. A lot.

"Then, I guess we're moving to New York.  We can all head to New York today and have our things packed with some help with the moving company. Then, we'll come back," Dad explains.

I nod. I can't believe we're moving. It was pretty fast. But, I'm looking forward to it.

______________________________

Check out my other story Stay Away? :)

Yeah, it's short. I'm sorry. There's two chaps left, and then the big cliffhanger.

A sequel? Hmmm, I don't really know. I think I'm gonna wait until after Forever and Always to reveal the truth behind the cliffhanger. A sequel to this book seems too much since this was just a spinoff book..

But, yeah. What the next chap? 30 votes and a few comments, and it's all yours!

I love you all and keep it swaggy!

My kik: msswag15