Chapter 2: I hate this place

I flutter my eyes open as I wake up.

Time to get to school. Fuck.

I hop out off bed and brush my teeth. We all have our private bathrooms by the way.After that, I take a shower.

I finish showering and I wrap myself in a towel and brush my hair. I nod in approval.and go back into my bedroom.

I scavenge through my drawers and see what I wanna wear. I stop all motion and make a disgusted face.

It's Monday. Most of the people in that school, I don't fuckin' like and don't give a damn about them.

And once again, it's Monday. Fuck it, I'm bumming it out today.

I put on a pair of sweats, a t shirt, socks with moccasins, and a beanie. I look at myself in the mirror and shrug.

I mean, I look like a bum. But, who the fuck am I impressing?

Now, off to school. School started a few months ago. Thanksgiving is next week. Yes, four day fuckin' weekend!

Best part is I get to see my Grandma. I love her so much. And I get to see both my grandfathers and my Aunt Jazmyn and Uncle Jaxon. They aren't that older than me actually. It's weird for me to call them that, so I just call them Jaxon and Jazmyn.

My Grandma on my Mom's side passed away before I was born. She had leukemia, too. Just like me.

Oh yeah. And my Mom is coming to the dinner. It's gonna be awkward and stuff because all she's been doing for the past five years is traveling. She tries to give me advice, too. But, it is unhelpful and rude. What the fuck?

I grab my bookbag and head downstairs. I walk in the kitchen.

"Wow, way to look nice Kenzie," I hear Alex say.

I turn to face him.

"Alex, it's Monday morning. Don't start shit."

His eyes widen and he continues to eat his cereal. Rosie giggles at him and I give her a small smile.

"Well, I think you look perfect Kenzie," she complements.

I walk over to her and hug her.

"At least I have one nice sibling," I tease.

"Oh, you know you love me Kenzie," he says, teasing me.

I chuckle at him. "Yeah, unfortunately."

I hear footsteps and a few seconds later I see Dad.

"Good morning everyone."

"Morning," we all says simultaneously.

"Dad, do you see what Kenzie is wearing?" I look at Alex, who has a smirk. He loves to piss me off.

"Dad," I whine.

"Alex, leave your sister alone. She looks beautiful."

I smile. I love my Dad so much.

I hear a car horn. I look out the kitchen window and I see Jake.

"Dad, I gotta go."

I grab a muffin.

He nods. I walk over and embrace him. He pulls away from the hug and cups my face in his hands. He kisses my forehead.

"Have a good day at school sweetie."

"I will."

"Dad, where's my kiss on the forehead?," Rosie asks, teasing.

Dad walks over and kisses her forehead.