Chapter 3 - Last Christmas

*Flashback*

I was only 10 years old, all i wanted for Christmas was that blue bike that dad couldn't afford. The excitement in my system was boiling up. Receiving clothes and toys from family and candy from my grandad and grandma. All the presents were surrounding the small white fake Christmas tree that was located in the corner of the living room.

Harry: Come on sweetie, i know you'll like this present

My dad was standing by the red lounge chair and dragged over towards me a large present wrapped in red, Santa Christmas paper. I started to rip the paper but the sellotape didn't want to come off

Abigail: I can't get the sellotape to come off dad
Harry: Here

He grabbed the pair of scissors that was on the coffee table in front of the electric fire. He cut open the sellotape i was struggling with and all the rest that was around the top. I pulled off the remaining paper to relieve the large box that had a picture of a bike, the bike i wanted since i was 7 years old. I waited 3 and a half years for it and i was so happy i got it.

Ever since i got that bike, i used it everyday to get to places. I rode on it through central park to play with Aidan and we would mess around there. I even rode it indoors in winter, as the snow stopped the ability to ride it on the pavements, dad always got on at me for doing that.

*End of flashback*

That was my best Christmas, by far. I got my favourite present and me and dad had the best evening, we watched Christmas movies under the cosy blanket that was only for decoration. It going to be strange this year, without dad telling me to hurry up and finish unwrapping my presents then him failing on cooking the turkey. It's going to be different having a Christmas with mum, after 7 years without her. I'm sure it'll be great though.

It's only one week till Christmas, we've got the tree up and decorated and the presents underneath. The cards covered the mantelpiece and windowsills. 

Work's been crazy, and i mean crazy. I've been there nearly everyday this past week, apparently i'm might have to work on Christmas eve, which is meant to be my night off. I'm going round to Austin's and having a meal with his family, my mom and Jeremy. If i do have the shift, i'll have to swap with someone and i'll do the lunch time shift.

*Christmas Eve, Eve*

Austin: Give me a little clue
Abigail: no, my lips are closed
Austin: then how come your still speaking?

I just gave him the death stare. He wants to know what i got him for Christmas, he really can't wait. I'm at home right now with Austin, we're watching some program on TV, while Austin is, i'm busy designing a new meal design for the restaurant, i'm only doing it so i can get a bonus on my pay check this month.

Austin: When do you have to have that finished?
Abigail: Not sure, i'll try finish it tonight but with you here i'll have to do it for when i get back to work
Austin: Awh, your so nice babe
Abigail: i try to be love

I peck him on the lips and get my head back down to my work. I'm really trying to turn over a new leaf now, putting my old, depressed self behind me and start fresh, i kind of think it's working to be honest. 

Austin: awh is that all i'm getting?
Abigail: as i'm doing this, then yes

Just as Austin was about to say something, he was interrupted as there was a knock on my door

Abigail: way babe *hehe* yeah?
Pamela: Abi, honey, you have a guest.....