Chapter 22 - Seventeen

I looked at the time on my phone as i was looking through my twitter timeline and i noticed that it was 08:58. I had to leave around half past nine to make sure i left enough time to meet Austin at the Airport when he got in at 11:06. I got myself out of my bed and got myself showered. I changed into some clothes, i did my make-up and straightened my hair. 

Harry: Abi, are you wanting to head now?
Abigail: Yeah

I said bye to my mom and headed out the door and dad drove me to the airport.

Harry: You're lucky you decided to leave earlier than i said
Abigail: Can't we take a different route?
Harry: If we do, we might get caught in even more traffic
Abigail: Just my luck

Before no time, the cars started to move again and we were on our way to JFK. I got into the airport and made my way towards the gates to meet Austin. 

I waited around for a little while, but before i was going to ask when the Miami to New York flight is coming in, Austin and Michele came through the gate. I run up to Austin and hugged him like i haven't seen him for decades. We both pulled away from our embrace and kissed each other. I snaked my arms from his shoulder to around his neck, and he moved his hands to my lower back.

Austin: I missed you!
Abigail: I missed you too!

We spoke in between kisses. Once we finished saying our hellos and i said hello and hugged Michele, we got their luggage and headed outside to meet my dad outside the airport. 

Austin: So, they're back together then?

Austin asked me as we got in the back seat while Michele got into the front seat along side dad.

Abigail: Looks like it

Once we got back home, i opened the door and was surprised by balloons falling on top of me and mom holding a red birthday cake in her hands.

Abigail: What? You didn't have to do this, mom
Pamela: Of course i did, it's your seventeenth birthday after all, plus i've missed most of them so this is my way of saying sorry
Abigail: You don't have to say sorry, you're here now and that's all that matters

She put the cake down on the table by the coat stand and i went over to her and hugged her.

Pamela: Before we go out for your birthday lunch, let's go and open your presents

I told Austin and Michele to just leave their suitcases at the bottom of the stairs and we all went into the living room and i opened up my presents. I got a lot of really nice things. The most special one i got was from Austin, he gave me a picture frame that had a picture of me and him together at the top of the Statue of Liberty standing with the view of New York behind us, it was taken last summer, the day that we started going out. What a night that was, i remember it like it was only yesterday.