Chapter 18 - New York, New York

Once mom got home that night, she hasn't be herself ever since. She kept telling me it was her fault that everything with Jeremy happened. Nothing i said to convince her would work. Aidan wasn't very happy with himself, as he kept blaming himself that it all happened because he wasn't there early. Everyone was blaming themselves for what Jeremy did, but it wasn't their faults, we didn't know who, and what he was. 

That night, we got a visitor. Me, Austin, Aidan and mom were just watching the TV when the door bell rings. I decided to answer it as mom kept falling asleep. When i answered the door, someone who i didn't expect to be in front of me, was in front of me. Noah.

Abigail: What are you doing here?
Noah: To apologize
Abigail: What for?
Noah: My dad, i had no idea he was that type of person
Abigail: I bet you didn't, like father like son
Noah: thats not fair, i never knew my dad
Abigail: yep
Noah: And i'm sorry for teasing you before, when you were told that i got help, i did. I mean this truly, i'm sorry for everything i ever did to you
Abigail: You can't undo the past, Noah
Noah: I know, but you can set the future
Abigail: I'm not going to forgive you, because that would show i was weak, but i'm going to forget you, and you better not turn up at my door again in the near future
Noah: Deal

He held out his hand for a handshake and i shacked it. He left without saying an other word and i slept with a little weight off of my shoulders.

*2 weeks later*

Austin: Have a safe flight, Abi
Abigail: You too, babe

The times come, yep, heading back to New York for my birthday trip today with mom. And Austin's going to Miami for a radio gig, and a small meet and great with his fans. I can't wait to see dad again though, it's been months since the last time. I'm not that excited about seeing Katherine though, she'll be about 7 or 8 months pregnant now. An other Lucas child on the way, guess i'll have a baby brother or sister soon. 

Pamela: Sweetie, we better get going before they leave for New York without us 

Me and Austin said our goodbyes and had our goodbye kiss, which was longer than meant to be. My mom wasn't very happy as she's was getting impatient with me for not wanting to leave.

After our 4 hour long flight from San Antonio to New York, I was just so glad to be back on the ground, and to be back in my home city. All the familiar buildings and sights brought a smile to my face, as me and mom got a taxi from the airport to my old home. 

When i got home, it didn't look any different, apart from my old room. Dad and Katherine had decorated it for a baby's nursery, but i'm glad they left my bed, as i didn't really want to sleep in a cot. 

Harry: Ignore all the baby stuff, just make yourselves at home
Abigail: Thanks dad

After me and mom got unpacked, we all went out for tea and went to central park for old times.

Pamela: Thanks for today, Harry, i had a really good time
Harry: Your Welcome, Pam, it was good seeing you again as well

After years of not seeing each other, i could tell that there was something between them, but Katherine wasn't have any of this.

Katherine: It's getting late, so, we better head to bed

It felt good to fall asleep looking out onto my beautiful city, seeing all the people living the New York night life, all the cars driving around to get home, the shops closing up for the day and to see my home city that never sleeps.