Chapter 5 - Christmas Eve

It's Christmas eve, only one more night till Christmas morning. But only a few hours away from having dinner with Austin's family and mine, which i am quite nerve about. I'm out at the mall with Aidan, it's quite busy here but Aidan never got anything for his Gran. We were in Forever 21 and Aidan grabbed out his phone and took a picture of us in one of the mirrors. We took a couple, a stupidly and one best friendly. Aidan decided he wanted to take a picture of me, i had my hair up in a messy bun and i was wearing this. 

We ended up getting some little stuff for Aidan's gran; a angel decoration, a shirt and a couple of books, his gran apparently likes to read. We're at San Antonio Internal Airport now, saying our goodbyes. I'm really disappointed that he could only stay here for a couple of days, i've really missed him, but as he lives in Dallas now, so i can visit him more. 

Aidan: Have a happy Christmas yeah?
Abigail: i will, you too Hun

I hugged him so tight i didn't want him to do

Abigail: And nothing has changed yeah? Your still the same old Aidan to me
Aidan: Thanks sweetie, thanks for being supportive and not kicking me out when i came out
Abigail: hey, what kind of person would i be if i did that
Aidan: you'd just be a homophobic, like my mum
Abigail: i'm sorry she kicked you out, i wish i could do something

He pulled away from our hug and pushed back the hair behind my ear that was in my face .

Aidan: hey, it's not your fault, you don't have to be sorry
Abigail: Aidan, your my best friend, i just wish i was there for you when that all happened and yet i was back here doing nothing and never even noticed you were... well gay
Aidan: i didn't even notice till i meet Gregor 
Abigail: Who Gregor?
Aidan: he's the guy i started to like when i relived i wasn't straight any more
Abigail: did he feel the same?
Aidan: no, he was straight 
Abigail: awh honey

I hugged him once again then the intercom voice came on telling us the flight to Dallas was leaving soon.

Aidan: i guess that's my ride
Abigail: yeah, i'm gonna miss you New Yorker
Aidan: You'll have to start calling me Dallas-er now 
Abigail: haha, yeah true

I hugged him one last night and waved him goodbye. I had to say goodbye to my best friend for the third time now in the past year. I don't know when the next time i'll see him. I headed home with my mum who was waiting for me in the car park. 

Pamela: you can still see him in Dallas though sweetie

I told her that Aidan was moving to Dallas as he was kicked out of his mom's house because he's gay. I felt really sorry for him, his mom always seemed like the best mom in the world but i guess now she's the worst. I felt horrible as well though, cause when i was so messed up with the Noah situation, Aidan was always by my side and always telling me everything was going to be okay and he was always there with Ice-cream when i had a bad day at school with the bullying. But where was i when he needed me? I was here in San Antonio having fun with my boyfriend when he was in the streets living the homeless life. I should have noticed something was wrong with him, he was hardly on Skype and he never answered my texts. I feel like a failure of a best friend.

Abigail: mom, i was never there for him with he needed me though
Pamela: but how could you know there was something wrong with him when he was in New York and you were here?
Abigail: i should have felt it though, he's my best friend and i wasn't there for him when he needed me
Pamela: Sweetie, everything will be alright, i promise
Abigail: i'll try to believe it when it actually happens

I was quiet the full ride home, and i still had the meal over at Austin's. I was still nervous but with all that happened with Aidan, i don't think i'm really in the Christmas sprint. I walked out of the bathroom and into my room, i looked in the mirror and looked at my make-up. I walked over the my closet and got changed into the outfit i picked last night that Aidan helped me with. I put on my jewelry and walked downstairs into the living room where mom and Jeremy were. We left and headed off to the Mahone's house.