Chapter 48

[Olivia's POV]

"See? Not that hard." I said as everyone else was silent.

"You're not mad, Olive?" Isla asked.

"Why would I be? Me and Liam are over. He can go to prom and date whoever he wants."

We all played truth or dare for a while later but eventually I had to leave and get more decorations and supplies for prom.

I went to the party supply store and I found picture props we could use for the photo booth we are going to have. I got more streamers and other things to place on tables for people to take. We're going to have tons of refreshments made by the caterers but we are also going to have candy and other small things around it also.

We also have other things that we can give away as memories to add to the photos. There are cool bracelets and things that will glow in the dark.

I got some stuff for my campaign and then checked out. I went home and I sorted everything to according to the color scheme. I placed the other colored items in a box under my bed and placed the things that are the right colors in a drawer in my closet.

My ticket and prom accessories were all in their own small box in my secret closet. I practiced the music that the band is going to perform at prom a few times before heading out and getting dinner.

-Time Skip-

A month has passed and there is exactly one month, one week, and three days until prom night.

Me and Sophia have been helping each other plan what to do for our hair and makeup and we have decided to do each others instead of going and getting it done. 

The planning committee has been pushing ticket sales even more and every single senior in the school has gotten a ticket. We have been able to get Ruby a ticket and have been able to get a way for her to go.

We have all decided not to do corsages and boutonnieres and anything like that for prom.

I called the owner of the convention hall and he said we can start setting up whenever we'd like. I had driven to see how big it was and it was perfect for the stage, the entertainment, the photos, and all of the people. I called Cassie and told her it was perfect and that night we had set up some tables and had started to put in the stage.

There was still a lot to do for the stage considering we needed to build it, paint it, and decorate it for the prom theme. We spent the night setting it up and placing tables around and figuring out exactly where to put everything. 

We all left once we had drawn out our plan which took a lot longer than we thought.

Over the next three weeks we had completely finished the stage and we have set up some of the decorations. Everyone we have hired and everything that is being rented is almost ready. We have a photo area with a table covered in different props and there is a huge backdrop.

The committee and art club finished making and buying the decoration supplies and we are storing them in a closet at the school. I had to leave a little early for my dress fitting and left them to finish up.

Let me quickly remind you that I am the assistant head of the committee so I'm allowed to leave a little early after I help a lot.

Anyways, when I got to the store I went into the fitting room and the lady does my last dress fitting and she only had to change one or two things. So it wasn't too expensive. I went to sme makeup store that I don't remember the names of and I got some makeup to mess around with for prom.

When I get home I go on the prom website and see that I am only one point behind Alisa. I call everyone I know and ask them to vote one more time and then I sign out of the website. The week of prom I'm going to edit the website so nobody can see how many votes someone has but you can still vote. The night of prom the secretary will count the votes and Cassie will announce the prom court.

I get out of bed and change into my work uniform. I have a closing shift tonight so I grab my bag and I run down the stairs.

When I get to the cafe I sign in and put my things in the back. Sam is the only other person who is working the last shift so we decided to just trade places every other hour. I started at the front and he stayed in the back.

People would come in and order a burger or a taco or something like that and I would just yell it back to Sam and he would yell when it was ready.

The dinner rush lasted for around two hours and I was already tired. We still had an hour left so we had to still work. The owners added cameras around the building after I robbed it and they watch the cameras every other day. So they will know if we just sat down at a table and didn't do anything.

I cleaned off the tables and vacuum since I knew nobody would really come anymore tonight. Sam had came out and cleaned off the counters and register. He put the money where we put it everytime we're about to close and then jumped over the counter.

"So I heard that your prom is soon?" He asked as he took a cloth and cleaned off a table I hadn't gotten to.

"Yep. I've been planning and setting it up. Me and my band are also performing a song." I replied.

"Nice. My sister told me you are on the ballot also? You didn't really seem the type."

"Well my mom is making me run. She says it's what my dad would've wanted but it's ridiculous." I threw my cloth into the bucket and I headed to the back.

I grabbed my things and took off the apron I had on. As I turned around I saw a knife pointed right towards my throat.

"What the-" The knife was pressed to my neck.

"Listen here Olivia. You are going to stop running for queen and you are going to let Alisa win. If not, this won't be the last time a knife is held to your throat."

His sister is Alisa. It made sense. They had the same blond hair and same icy blue eyes.

I was almost paralyzed. Almost

"Alright. Just pull the knife away."

He slowly pulled the knife away and I was able to get out of his reach. I looked down and knelt down.

"What are you doing?" He asked glaring down at me.

"I'm just tying my shoe. Am I not allowed to do that?" I asked.

He scoffed and turned around. As he grabbed his own things I sneakily grabbed my knife from the compartment in my shoe and then placed in it my pocket. I stood up and grabbed my bag off of the counter.

"Am I allowed to leave?" I quietly asked.

He turned around and looked me up and down. I had both of my hands in my pocket but he didn't say anything about it.

"Scram. And tell anyone about this and see what happens."

That was my breaking point. I quickly pulled my knife out of my pocket and held it to his throat.

"NO YOU LISTEN HERE! YOU CAN'T THREATEN ME AND THEN EXPECT ME TO NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT! YOU KNOW I'M A PAST CRIMINAL SO YOU KNOW I HAVE THE POWER TO DO WHATEVER YOU WERE GOING TO DO TO ME, TO YOU! SO THINK AGAIN BEFORE THREATENING ME! AND I SWEAR AS IF MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT I WILL WIN PROM QUEEN IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO!"

I pulled my knife down and ran out of the cafe. I ran to my car and went as fast as I could back to my house and I was surprised I didn't get pulled over. I ran into the house and to my room. 

{That's it for this chapter guys! Hope you enjoyed!} 

Peace✌