Chapter 37

[Olivia's POV]

It's a few days later and nobody has talked to me since me and Liam broke up. I am in my room doing some homework when I hear heavy knocking on the front door. My mom practically lived on the couch downstairs so I knew she was the one who would open the door.

"Oh, hello sir. How can I help you?" I heard my mom say.

"Is your daughter home?" I heard a man ask.

"Yes, she is. Would you like to come in? I'll call her right down." 

I couldn't hear anything until mom yelled up for me to come downstairs.

"Coming!" I yelled. I put down my things and headed downstairs.

When I walked into the living room I saw a police officer standing right in the center of the room. My eyes went wide and I looked over at my mom, "Uh...what's going on?"

"Where were you during the early morning of January 7th?" He asked.

I felt beads of sweat form on my forehead, "I...uhm...you see..."

"Officer why do you need to know where my daughter was?" mom asked.

"No, no, no..." I thought.

"Early that morning a crime was committed down the street. The gas station cashier had a knife held to his throat after he wouldn't give the person money. We were told it was a female and your daughter has quite the history with threatening people with a knife or other kind of blade."

My mom looked at me as if I was dad risen from the dead, "Olivia...you didn't..."

"Mom I can explain. I-i don't know what came over me. Just dad dying it set something off in my mind. I realized it was a mistake right as I ran out that door." I kept on rambling and tried not to cry as I felt tears pushing the back of my eyes.

"Olivia Prince you are arrested for holding a knife at a man's throat." I felt the officer grab my wrists from behind me and placed them in handcuffs. 

As my arm bent back I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder and screamed in pain. I would've fallen to the floor if the officer hadn't caught me.

"Olivia are you alright?" Mom asked me.

"No! That night I got shot! As I ran out the cashier shot me in the shoulder!" I yelled. I fought out of the officers grip and got the handcuffs off. I pulled down my shirt to show them the bandages on my shoulder.

"I get that I held a knife at his throat but I didn't take anything! I didn't even hurt him! The knife never touched his throat and now I'm in more pain than he ever has! I looked outside for a split second and then I had a gun pointed right at me! I'm sorry that I threatened him but I'm the one who is hurt! Nothing happened except for a threat! Also I'm a minor! I was doing homework right before you came here sir! I have a job! I'm begging you sir! Please don't arrest me! Give me a warning! I swear on my life I will never do it again!"

"Alright! That's enough! You have a warning. But if you commit any other sort of crime I will arrest you, and you will go to jail."

Before I could say anything my mom cut in, "Thank you sir. Olivia go to your room."

I ran up to my room and slammed the door shut behind me. I went to my bed and sat down. I grabbed my phone and clicked the first person that came to mind.

"Mani...I get it if you don't want to talk but I really need someone to talk to right now..." I typed. I placed my phone down beside me and started to work on my homework because I knew he wouldn't answer.

About ten minutes later I got a notification on my phone. I looked at it and saw I got a text from Mani.

"What is it?"

"A cop just came to my house. I almost got arrested and I would've if the cop hadn't found out about me being shot."

"Well sorry Olivia. But that's not my problem. I have been dealing with other things right now."

"I know...and I'm sorry..."

"No Olivia I don't think you know. You left Liam there with his knuckles bleeding. Sophia thinks it's her fault and she has cut before. I'm trying to keep everyone ok but I can't. Liam hasn't talked to anyone since he told us about what happened that day."

"Mani I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. My mind has been everywhere and I just needed to be alone."

"Well everyone has let you be. I hope your happy."

I didn't text anything back after that. I knew he wouldn't have answered. I threw my phone down and put my things back in my bag. I looked at my clock and saw that it was 10 pm. I decided to get my stuff ready for school tomorrow and I put some clothes in my bathroom to put on tomorrow morning.

I leave my bathroom and fall onto my bed and fall asleep.

-Time Skip-

It's the next morning and I have just finished changing and am now putting my boots on. I grabbed my bag and ran downstairs. I grabbed an apple off of the counter and I headed out to my car.

I drove to school and when I walked in everyone was looking at me. I sighed and just headed to homeroom early.

As I walked in people still were looking at me and I just went to the back corner where I was sitting. I could hear people whispering and looking back at me but I just listened to music.

Until Mani came over to me, panicked.

"What's up, Mani?" I asked.

"So you know how people have been looking at you all weird today and have been whispering?" He asked.

"Yeah..." I answered.

"Uhh...here just look at this." Mani pulls something up on his phone and hands me it. 

My hands clench up into a fist as I read the phone.

{That's it for this chapter guys! Hope you enjoyed!} 

Peace✌