Feisty

*Bella's Point Of View*

"Bella," a low voice whispers in my ear. A pair of arms slip around my waist as someone gently touches their lips to the side of my face. I feel myself stiffen as I twist around to see Draco. He smiles at me, and I frown. Draco doesn't seem fazed by my unpleasant reaction as he murmurs, "You look lovely."

"You too," I say, backing up out of his embrace. 

"What's wrong, love?" Draco asks, picking up on my discomfort. 

"Nothing," I lie.

"Okay," Draco says slowly. "Well, what do you want to do now?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Um... I..." I sputter, struggling to find words. Now is the time I should break things off with Draco, but maybe I should allow him a little more time with me.

"What are you looking at, fool?" Draco snaps suddenly as Ron passes by with a scowl on his face. 

Okay, never mind what I said about giving Draco a bit more time. 

"Draco, you can't say stuff like that!" I shout at Draco. "I'm so sick of you. I... I want to break up."

"What?" Draco says, his face falling. "No! Bella, please!"

"I'm sorry," I whisper, wiping the tears that are suddenly rolling down my face. "I hope we can still be friends. I just... I can't handle the way you treat my mates. And also, you're too controlling. You act like I'm a piece of property that you own. I hope we can be friends, but... we just can't be anything more than that."

"Bella, don't do this," Draco begs, clutching my arm. He looks desperate.

"I'm sorry," I whisper. "I can't deal with this anymore. But I hope we can remain friends."

"It's that Ron, isn't it? Are you leaving me for Ron?" Draco snarls. "I've known all along that he fancied you, and now you're going to break up with me to be with him!"

"No! Draco, that's not it. I promise," I say.

"I don't believe you," Draco says coldly. More tears pool in my eyes, and he softens a bit when he notices this. He touches his hand to the side of my face and offers up a little smile. "I will always love you, Bella. I swear to you. If you want to end things right now, fine. Have it your way. But I know that I'll get you back. Sooner or later, you will be mine again. I just know it. Though we may be apart for now, I will have you back soon. And that Ronald Weasley friend of yours is going to pay." He pulls out his wand.

"No! Please! Don't hurt Ron! You can hurt me all you like, but don't hurt Ron!" I gasp, a sob escaping my throat. 

"I would never hurt you, Bella," Draco says, kissing the top of my head. "You mean so much to me. But that Ron... Ron is trying to make you become his. I have to make him pay for it. You belong to me, and only to me."

"No!" I yell. Anger surges in me, and before I know what I'm doing, I slap Draco across the face. The crowd around me gasps. Who would have ever expected a sweet Hufflepuff like me to slap Draco? Draco gasps as well. I pull my hand back, gasping and crying as I croak out, "I'm sorry!"

"No worries, Bella. It's alright," Draco says, rubbing the side of his face. He smiles and lets out a chuckle. "Ouch. You're strong, you know that? And feisty. I like that."

"I... I guess," I mumble. I'm honestly stunned that he doesn't seem angry at all. "I... I'm sorry,  Draco. I didn't mean to... do that. I hope you can forgive me. I just... I can't be with you. I'm sorry." I turn and run away.