Prologue, Part Two: The Sorting

*Ron's Point Of View*

There is a sort of nervous energy in the air as we all file in line towards the stool where the Sorting Hat is. Dumbledore is droning on with this long speech of sorts, but I'm not really listening. All I can think about is which House I'll be sorted in... and Bella. I don't know why, but I just feel this fluttery feeling in my stomach whenever Bella looks my way. Perhaps I'm starting to come down with some kind of illness. 

"Hermione Granger," Professor McGonogall calls.

"Okay, relax," Hermione mutters to herself as she goes up.

"Mental, that one. I'm telling you," I whisper to Harry, and he nods in agreement.

"GRYFFINDOR!" the Hat yells as it is placed on Hermione's head. The Gryffindor table erupts into cheers.

"Up next... Draco Malfoy," Professor McGonogall declares. Immediately, Draco walks up in a conceited swagger.  The Hat doesn't even touch his head before it yells:

"SLYTHERIN!"

Cheers erupt. Draco walks to the Slytherin table with a smirk on his face. He takes a glance at Bella as he passes by and winks at her. Bella blushes. I frown.

"Harry Potter," Professor McGonogall sing-songs.

"Strong and brave... cunning and smart... wise and knowing... loyal and hardworking... you have many things about you," the Hat says as it is lowered onto Harry's head. "But I see in your heart, you must be... GRYFFINDOR!"

Cheers. Applause. Harry grins and runs to the Gryffindor table.

"Ronald Weasley," Professor McGonogall shouts.

"Good luck," Bella whispers to me as I make my way up towards the Hat. Sitting on the stool and swinging my legs back and forth, I fight nerves as the Hat is placed on my head.

"Another Weasley! Why, there's so many Weasley kids! I know just what to do... GRYFFINDOR!" the Hat shouts.

Phew. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding as I make my way to the Gryffindor table. The sound of clapping greets me. Harry gives me a high-five, and my older twin brothers Fred and George whoop and fling their arms around my neck.

"Bella Copeland," McGonogall calls.

"Oh, I hope she's a Gryffindor," I whisper to Harry.

"Me too," Harry agrees. 

"Hmmm," the Hat says as it sits atop Bella's head. "A bit feisty, it seems, but also very gentle. Couldn't be a Gryffindor or Slytherin, though. I just don't see it. An artistic mind and an old soul, but not quite a Ravenclaw. Quite a bit of stubbornness too. I sense lots of loyalty and kindness, and you've got a heart full of love. You must be... HUFFLEPUFF!"

Cheers come from the Hufflepuff table. My head droops in disappointment, but Bella beams as she makes her way to the Hufflepuff table.

"Oh, Bella, I wanted you to be in Gryffindor with me," I say as she passes. I make a pouting face at her. 

"It'll be fine, Ron," Bella says soothingly. She reaches over and squeezes my hand gently. I feel my face grow warm. My face must be as red as my hair right now.

More names are called. The list goes on and on, but I can't pay attention to that. All I can think of is that Bella touched my hand. Bella touched my hand. I don't know why, but it's all I can think about.

"LET THE FEAST BEGIN!" Dumbledore finally yells.

For once, I'm not thinking of food. For once, I don't want to eat. It's like my stomach is full of snakes that are twisting and slithering and jumping around. I'm too nervous to eat, but I don't know why. I glance over at Bella and feel my face flush once again. 

What is going on with me?