Chapter 6

Chapter 6:Present Day:Bonita

I sat in cold horror, watching the clock on the wall. Tick,tick,tock,tick. I wanted to scream and run away. I wanted to cry. I wanted Addi. I wanted to back at Jay's. But there were other things calling to me, other people tempting me. I wanted to Vision. I wanted to show him I had been right all those years ago. I knew he would want me more than he had when I was younger. I knew that he was going to be older, weaker maybe, different. I wasn't going to let him forget what he had done to me. He would pay. I hadn't been able to do anything back then.

But Liz wasn't here anymore. Bonita was in charge.

I would drive him crazy. I was going to push him over the edge if it killed me. He had been sitting in peace for 7 years too long. There would be hell to pay. I began forming a plan.

Then there was Tyler, sweet Tyler. That tempted me more then the idea of revenge. To see how he had turned out. To see what kind of man he had become. I knew just about every kind of person there was in the world. I wanted to see how innocent, loving, trusting Tyler had turned out. Oblivious? Strong? What if he had turned out like me? Cold, uncaring and messed up? What if there was no trace of the little boy who loved X-Men and Spiderman? That was who I wanted, who I needed right now. Him and Addi. I bet that if they met, they would fall in love. They were the same kind of people, well if Tyler hadn't changed too drastically.

I wanted to visit Watercrest. To see the huge, buliding again. I wondered if it was really as dark and huge now as it had been years ago. Maybe it had been clouded by childhood fears. Maybe it was just a building where unwanted kids were kept. Maybe I needed to stop analyzing everything.

I twisted my hands in my lap. I looked down at my bookbag the cops had taken from Jay's I had been allowed to go in and get my clothes. I had other things, but not many. A picture of me and Addi asleep side by side. A dark blue notebook. An ounce or so of pot. Half a bottle of bourban. A pack of shells. I had been suprised the police hadn't checked. Maybe they didn't care.

Then the door to the police station opened. I treid to relax, but I could feel my heart beating in nmy chest. The police officer who had been talking to me earlier came over, leading Vision with him.

"Well, here she is. We found her earlier with the Whore House bust. We aren't sure if shes one..." he trailed off. I turned to face him and Vison and almost threw up. I couldn't handle it. None of it. His clear blue eyes examined my face and I saw a flicker of something behind them. Recognition, pity, anger, hate, pain? I didn't know.

"Well...hello Lizzie" he said, his voice gruffer then I remebered. I didn't say anything, just sat in shock. Then: "Hello Mr. Vision. Its been 7 years. Long, but not long enough for my taste" I said. He looked taken back, suprised. Then he smiled. I wanted to scream when I saw him smile. It was the same smile. The smae smile he used on that innocent little girl Lizzie. Damn him!! Damn him to hell!! I was going to kill him! But I kept a good poker face. He laid his hand on my shoulder and even though I didn't stop him, I let him know something with my eyes.

I was not Lizzie. I was not innocent. I was ruthless.

I sat in his car, shaking. "Well Lizzie, you were right. You turned out amazing. Perfect really. Any boys dream" he said, resting one of his hands on my leg. I salpped it off. "You better leave me alone! Or else someone is going back to the police station and it won't be me!" I yelled, curling up in a ball. He laughed. "What, your going to tell? Childish. I thought you were a big girl?" he kept his hands to himself though.

"I'm serious. If you tell anyone about where you found me, or anything the cop might have told you or come to close to me, I'll call the cops. Child molesters go away for a long time and they lose alot of creditability" I said. He laughed again. "Who do you think they'll believe? You or me?" he asked.

I wanted to hit him. It was true though. I was the girl just picked up for being a whore. He was the man who had taken in kids for years and had never gotten a complaint. I would do something, anything to see him behind bars. Even if it killed me.

"But don't worry. I won't tell the other kids there. Thats none of my business. Can't promise I won't leave you alone..." he said, pulling into the driveway of Watercrest.

The last place in the world I wanted to be.