Chapter 2

Chapter 2: 7 Years Ago: Lizzie

"Lizzie, do you think our parents are out there?" Tyler asked Liz as he picked at his finger nails. She shrugged, flipping through the pages of an old book.

Maybe Ty. If they are, I don't like them very much. They left us here." She answered. Aaron sighed, sitting on the bed next to Tyler.

"You aren't thinking about what they went through Liz. Maybe they did want us, but it was to hard for them" he said, shrugging. Liz rolled her eyes. Ever since Aaron's birthday, he thought he was so much smarter then them. It was only by four years.

They heard a knock on the door and looked up. It was Mr. Vision, the kid's caretaker. He was nice to everyone, always smiling. Whenever Liz saw him smiling like that, she would feel cold and empty.

"Alright Lizzie. Time for therapy" he said. Aaron smiled encouragingly at her. It was supposed to be for her anger problems. Everyday at seven at night, Vision would take her to his office and they would be all alone. Aaron and Tyler didn't question it. Liz never talked about it. They thought she was getting better. Mr. Vision was doing the opposite.

Lizzie sat on Vision's desk, him staring at her for a moment, then his hands attacked her body.

She didn't say a word against it. She remembered too well the pain from when she had tried to resist. Liz had learned to not fight with him and it would be over quicker.

His hands went to her chest, where she had just began to develop. She felt weak and light headed as usual. He ripped her shirt off, and then her pants. She laid back on the desk, detaching herself from her body.

Mr. Vision had told her that her parents had abandoned her because she was bad and by him doing this to her, she would be good. Lizzie craved to be good, wanted to be good so bad. Wanted the parents she would reject sometimes to Ty and Aaron, but wanted them so bad to come to her when she had awful nightmares. Oh, how she wanted to be good enough for them. They would sweep her away to their beautiful home and they would take Tyler and Aaron too and they would live happily ever after.

Then he was done. Liz came out of her fantasy, feeling confused. She put her clothes back on quickly and quietly, feeling sore around her private places. Vision was facing the wall and she could hear him pouring himself a drink, she could hear the tinkling of ice in the glass. She watched him take a swig then turn around.

"Have a sip kiddo." He said, holding out the drink. She took it greedily and downed it. He laughed. Liz pounded it on the desk, looking at him with clear, deep grey eyes. He then leaned forward and kissed her full on the lips. She didn't yield, but she didn't fight. He had done this before. He pulled away quickly and pushed her off the desk. "Go. Go back to your room" he said, turning away.

She headed towards the door, then stopped. "Mr. Vision, one day when I'm strong and bigger and tougher, you'll want me even more than you do now. But I'll be able to say no." she said and closed the door behind her. She went off to her room, sat on her bed and then pulled out a blue notebook from under the bed. She flipped through the pages, stopping at some to remember. She touched the tear stained pages, saw the smeared script. Was she finally becoming strong? She didn't need to cry, she didn't feel like she needed to tell anyone. She felt fine.

She almost felt whole.