Chapter 4

Chapter 4:7 Years Ago: Liz

Liz lay on her bed, drowning out everything. She was dressing her Barbie doll, brushing out it's hair. She wondered why there weren't any Barbies that looked like her. Obviously she wasn't ugly because Mr. Vision wanted her. She looked over at Tyler where he was sitting on his bed, flipping through a comic book.

"Ty, am I pretty?" she asked, examining the Barbie's perfect body.

"I think you are" he said, looking over at her, "Yeah. You have pretty hair. And eyes. And skin. And...stuff" he said, blushing and going back to his comic.

She smiled a little. "Am I a good person?" she asked him after a short pause.

"Yeah. Your nice. And smart and all that" he said, this time not looking over at her.

Then they heard the front door open. Mr. Vision was talking to someone, a woman. Then someone was walking up the steps. The door opened to show Aaron and Mr. Vision. Aaron looked a little sad, but hopeful at the same time. Vision looked happy, until you saw his eyes. His eyes were fiery with anger.

"Liz, would you mind coming downstairs and talking to someone?" he asked, smiling.

She got up and followed him down to the living room. On the couch sat a woman who looked like a living Barbie. It was unnerving.

"Hey sweetie" she said sweetly to Liz. "I'm Jamie. I've heard a lot about you" she said, smiling. Liz did not smile back. In fact she had gone completely blank.

"Well, um, I was thinking if maybe you would like to come live with me?" Jamie said.

Liz let out a piercing scream. The woman somehow remained calm. Tyler ran down the stairs and up to Liz and slapped her. This could usually get her to come back to reality, but this did nothing for her. "Lizzie! Its okay! Lizzie!! Please, calm down!" he yelled over her, slapping her again. The scream became a hoarse yell, until it was nothing at all, just silence. Jamie stood up. "Yes...yes alright. Liz definitely needs me and my husband. We are both very experienced children psychologists. It would be good for her to come with us"

"NO! Tyler help! I don't want to go!!!" screamed Liz, fighting tooth and nail against Jamie.

"Let her go! She doesn't like you, she doesn't want to go! Lizzie! You can't have her!" Tyler yelled back, fighting against Aaron.

Mr. Vision watched as Liz was forced out of the house and into a taxi. It was raining, just like the day it had when she had arrived. He knew it was best for her, for her own good to go. He had molested her after all. 'She never told me to stop' a sick voice said in the back of his head. He went up to his office and got drunk. To forget about the little girl who he had stolen innocence from. To forget about his dead wife and daughter. To forget he was still in charge of two other kids. He liked to forget.

Liz sat on the couch at Jamie and Cory's house. She hated it. It was too clean, too white, too Tyler-less. She had sat in stony silence for 3 hours. They had given up for the day and gone to bed.

She grabbed her bag and opened the back door. She stepped outside feeling the cold, damp air on her face. She closed the door behind her and started off. It couldn't be that hard to find her way back to Watercrest. She walked down the streets; a little scared .People kept running into her, almost pushing her into the street. She had no clue where she was. No clue at all.

Liz walked out of the busy street and into an empty alley. It was still raining and she was very cold. Then she heard someone or maybe more than one someones, behind her. She froze on the spot. They got closer, calling to her. Liz felt awful fear flood her body.

Then, the bigger one was right in front of her. He smiled and his hand caressed her face.

"Your cold kid. Why don't I warm you?" he said with a hard, almost mocking voice. She shuddered a little, but said nothing. He grabbed her roughly, pushing her towards an old looking, run down apartment. Liz saw blankets, a table and chairs, clothes and two mattresses. She began to pull away, but the second one held her now too. The bigger one pushed her onto the mattress and began tearing off her clothes.

He's like Mr. Vision, Liz thought. But then he took off his own clothes. Liz felt confused. Then she felt an awful, ripping pain in her lower parts. She yelled out, but was cut off by the man's hand over her mouth. The pain was in and out, quick and sharp. Her private places were on fire, a pain fire and a longing fire.

Then he got off of her and the other man went at her. It didn't hurt as much, but it still did. With him, there was more a rhythm, a pattern. It was the anticipation that caused her to wince and flinch. Then he was done. Liz got dressed, not looking at them.

They both watched her though; she could fell them watching her. It was almost as if a strange apology had passed silently through the air. They introduced themselves. Luke and Ron. Liz liked Ron a lot more.

"So what's your name kid?" Ron asked, sipping some beer. She didn't answer, just downed her shot. She had relaxed a little when they had lit some incense and given her the shot.

"Well, you seem okay and everything. Your quiet, you drank that stuff. Why don't you stick with us? We can teach you a lot about the streets of New York kid"

he said, smiling a little at her. She allowed herself to look him in the eyes. He had pretty clear green eyes. Where else would she go? What they had done to her couldn't be that bad, just a step up from what Vision hadn't done.

"I can stay?" she asked. Luke shrugged. "If you want. You got to listen to us, do what we say. It'll keep you alive in the end" he said, Ron nodding.

She thought about it for a moment.

"Yeah...alright fine. My name is Liz Robertson" she said.

Ron snorted. "You don't seem like a Liz. It's a little kid's name. How do you like...Bonita? It suits you. Sexy, beautiful, spunky" he said, winking.

And that was the death of Elizabeth Marie Robertson and birth of Bonita.