Chapter 5

Chapter 5:Present Day: Bonita

I was outside, walking along the dirty, amazing streets of New York City. I felt old memories resurface under my skin. I pushed them back. Later I would relive them. I had been so long since I had gone to the library here. It was way too tempting to go visit old homes.

I stepped into the library, loving the smell of old books and the huge book shelves. I didn't look at the books though. I headed towards the computer. I pulled up a search engine and began the painful search into my old life.

The first thing I searched was Jennifer and Ivan Robertson. It lead me to an article about two homicides. The death's of a young single mother and her toddler. The Robertson's were in jail waiting for the day of their execution date to arrive.

Another article showed a picture of them and a young girl with black hair. She was said to have disappeared 7 years ago from social services. A man named Aaron Jennings wanted information on her.

I clicked on Aaron Jennings' name. He was an attorney in New York, married with a son. He had been adopted on his 15th birthday. He looked happy, I was happy for him. He had always tried his best to look out for me and Tyler, even if he had let Ty rot.

I then typed in Tyler McGinnings. I cursed a little when I saw his file was all private. I exited out and typed in the name I hated.

Elizabeth Robertson

Several links popped up. The article about Jennifer and Ivan. A Facebook page set up by Aaron looking for Elizabeth. A missing person report from 7 years ago. I wanted to smash the computer. They didn't understand! Liz was a dead little girl locked up in the bad of my mind! They were looking for the wrong girl. I exited out of the page.

I typed in Watercrest Orphanage. Vision was still there. A list of names was there, the kids who lived there now. Tyler McGinnings, Robert Castello, Macy Knowles, Aly Johnson, Adam Johnson. I wrote the address on the back on the back of my hand. I could check it out later if I wanted.

I exited out and searched Luke Sulley. Dead as of last year. Shot to death by drug lords. I sighed sadly. I searched Ron Sulley. Dead as well. He had committed suicide less than 3 months since I had left him. Since Luke had lost a game he shouldn't have. But I had forgiven him. I had hoped Ron would too...

"Oh Ron" I muttered sadly, feeling tears slid down my face. I fingered the necklace around me neck, the simple silver chain with the beautiful ring. I pushed away from the computer, wiping my eyes. I walked out of the library feeling sad angry and confused.

And then I reached Jay's.

Police cars were swarming around the place. There was yelling, screaming, sirens going off. I could see the police grabbing the girls from behind, cuffing them. I saw Addi, my sweet, perfect blonde Addi, being pushed into a cop car, screaming.

"ADDI!!" I screamed, rushing to try to help her. A cop grabbed me and tackled me to the ground. "Let her go! Let her go you bastards!" I could hear her yelling my name now. I pulled and kicked and fought but was pushed into the cop car, screaming my head off.

"I'm going to ask you again kid. What's your real name?" the cop asked. I sat stiff as a board across the desk from him. I clenched my jaw, glaring at him.

"We can find out the hard way sweetheart. The rest of your friends have just gone off quietly with their families or with social services." He said. I almost broke my silence to ask what had happened to Addi, but bit my tongue.

He rubbed his eyes. "Fine then. Just sit here for a awhile. We're gonna be here a long time. Lots of files to go through." He said. Then he looked at my hand. "Watercrest huh? I know that place. Good kids there. Vision's a good guy to them. You got ties to that place?" he asked. I shook my head quickly.

He nodded. "Yeah, okay...I'll just give them a call." He said, reaching for the phone. I sat in horror as he dialed a number.

"Hello? Yeah, Rick...yeah this is Officer Jones of the NYPD. Just wondering....you ever lose a kid?....Oh really....seven years ago....black hair, grey eyes, pale as a sheet, skinny?....well maybe if you saw her-oh really? Ok then, yeah. If you think its her, come on and take a lok. If she is, I can sign her off to you. If she's not and you still want her, that's fine by me...ok thanks see ya soon."

He hung up, smiling at me. "Well Miss. Robertson, I guess we'll know who you are or if you're the right girl soon enough"