chapter 1O :: (home)sick

*mild language is used in this chapter

9:18 PM, July 21st
--------------------------------

Jeongin did, in fact, catch a cold.

Hyunjin struggled to bite back an 'I told you this would happen' every time the younger boy sneezed, coughed, or wordlessly complained that his throat hurt.

Hyunjin tapped his fingers against the kitchen counter, waiting for the soup he was preparing to finish cooking. His brows knitted further together each time the boy made a hushed sickly sound from the living room couch.

"I'm sure a few minutes wouldn't hurt." Hyunjin said in a snooty tone, with a childish, 'I knew this would happen' look on his face. Although, moments later, he regretted mocking his beloved hyung. Woojin had only tried to make Jeongin happy, so Hyunjin felt that he had no reason to complain.

But, he couldn't lie, the end result wasn't convenient.

Jeongin being sick wasn't the inconvenient part, it was the fact the Hyunjin wanted to be annoyed that Jeongin was sick, that it happened despite his warnings. But the annoyance seemed to weasel itself out of him in a different way; sympathy. Hyunjin felt like a protective mom, ordering Jeongin to rest and cover up with blankets and keep tissues near him as Hyunjin cooked him soup, all because of the high amount of unfiltered sympathy within himself.

Hyunjin was pulled from his thoughts by the steaming of the soup on the stove, and he gave it a quick stir before determining that it was ready. After grabbing a light green bowl, Hyunjin filled it with the brothy soup, before filling a glass with cold water. Balancing both items in his hands, he walked into the living room, and in front of the couch. He made sure to turn off the lights, so the glow of the television lit up the room, before stepping to where Jeongin lay swaddled in at least three blankets.

When Jeongin saw him, he made grabby hands.

"Jeongin, you have to sit up first so you don't choke."

Jeongin sat up, rearranging his blankets. Hyunjin sat the soup and water on the coffee table as he did so, remaining standing in case Jeongin needed anything else. Even though the food and water were an arms length away from Jeongin, he continued to make grabby hands at Hyunjin.

"Is there something you need?" Hyunjin questioned softly, and it took a moment before Jeongin slowly nodded.

"I'm cold." Jeongin pouted, and his tired eyes held a bit of childish want to them.

"You already have thr—I'll grab you another blanket." Hyunjin interrupted his own question, deciding to just get Jeongin what he needs rather than point out unnecessary details. Hyunjin turned on one heel, ready to grab another blanket from his bedroom.

Jeongin's cold fingers wrapped around Hyunjin's wrist, sending chills throughout his arm. Partly because Jeongin was absolutely freezing, and partly because that happens to him any time they come in contact with each other.

"Hmm?"

Jeongin looked up at Hyunjin.

"No more blankets." Hyunjin was beyond confused.

"What? Then how am I supposed to help y—" Hyunjin cut himself short when he saw Jeongin calmly raise a finger to his lips, and pat the spot next to him.

"You're warm enough." Jeongin grinned with exhaustion, still patting the couch. Hyunjin's heart pounded hard enough for him to feel it in his stomach. He decided not to point out the fact that he didn't feel particularly warm, nor did he speak his immediate thought of how Jeongin said earlier he didn't want to get Hyunjin sick if he could it.