chapter O7 :: antics

8:41 PM, June 26th.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeongin let out a huff as he flopped dramatically into one of the reclining chairs. The boys following behind watched in amusement as he let the bag on his arm nearly hit the floor, closing his eyes and enjoying the luxury of the soft chair beneath him. Woojin walked over, tilting his head at the tranquil boy.

"Long day?" Jeongin nodded, and opened his eyes at the eldest of the nine of them. It had indeed been a long day, full of store hopping and walking and even a panic-stricken hour long search for Chan's van. But, his tummy was full from the recent dinner at a nearby restaurant, so he couldn't really complain. The poor boy was just tired. Woojin extended a hand towards the boy's head, and smoothed the bumps of red hair on his head. Jeongin resembled a joy-filled puppy at the sensation; he closed his eyes and grinned in contentment. Woojin chuckled.

"You are something, little guy."

Jeongin had to hold back a pout when Woojin wandered away and into the kitchen, but he soon stood up to follow. His lazy footsteps lightly thumped as he walked, following the noise in the kitchen. When he appeared in the doorway, he rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand. Almost every head turned to look at him, and Hyunjin smiled brightly. Well, until he saw the not-so-thrilled look on Jeongin's face.

"Are you alright?" Hyunjin signed with concern, as the other seven who didn't know what he was saying watched on. The corners of Jeongin's lips pulled up weakly, as he walked to Hyunjin.

"Tired." Jeongin replied shortly, before ambling to the raven haired male. After a few more paces forward, he walked behind Hyunjin, wrapped his arms around the latter's torso, and laid his cheek against Hyunjin's upper back. He'd always been kind of clingy when tired, and this increased threefold since he's been on land.

Had he still been with his group before this all happened, Kai would be his victim of sleepy cuddles; Kai had never minded these snuggly moments, if anything he'd enjoy being the center of Jeongin's fatigued attention. Now, Hyunjin was the target to cling onto when he felt drained. Overall, Jeongin was surprised at how willing Hyunjin was adjusting to Jeongin's presence.

From the sounds of it, Hyunjin was more than happy to have someone else with him. He told the red head about how his only friends were the boys Jeongin met, and just how often he felt alone in the huge house. His parents were on business trips quite often, leaving the only child to stay home by himself. He explained that he could have stayed with friends during these times, but it happened so often that he felt intrusive stepping into someone else's residence for these periods of time.

But, rather than just accepting the cuddles like he typically did, Hyunjin attempted to push Jeongin's arms off. It was a rather weak attempt however, because after two nudges and a few hushed whines of 'Jeongin, let go', Hyunjin gave in and allowed Jeongin to do as he wished. Jeongin cherished the power over the hug he had, and went as far as swaying. But Hyunjin didn't mind, or if he did he simply hadn't said anything, and continued the group conversation.

When it came time to sleep that night, Jeongin didn't even have to pull any sneaky tricks to get Hyunjin to hold him before or during his sleep; Hyunjin had done so himself the moment Jeongin seemed to be asleep. The red head was still faintly holding on to consciousness when it happened. His eyes were closed, and his thoughts began to swirl with forming dreams. But his ears could clearly pick up someone asking if he was awake, and Hyunjin moving around, before he was surrounded by warmth radiating from Hyunjin and a fuzzy blanket covering him.

--------------------------------------------------

11:23 AM, July 3rd

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------