Chapter 59

"For real?! When?!" Queenie yelled and I immediately pulled my phone away from my ears.

"Damn it bitch, you're too loud."

"She's drunk," Katrina said, and based from Queenie's whining, it seemed like she snatched her phone away.

I smirked. "Oh, so you've turned into her babysitter."

"Oh, please," she groaned. "Kaunti na lang, iiwan ko na ang bwisit na 'to rito. Nakakahiya at nakakairitang kasama. Anyway, are you really coming home?"

"Yeah. For one month."

"Wow, that's a surprise, considering that the longest stay you've ever had here was three days."

"Well, it was Dad who suggested it," sabi ko naman.

"For real? Now, that's big."

"Yeah, but hey, but don't tell him that I'm going home."

"Jazer?" she asked. "Bakit?"

A smile escaped my lips. "I want to surprise him."

She groaned one more time. "Why do I have to be surrounded with couples who love to surprise one another? You guys are so troublesome."

"You—"

"Fine, fine. I won't."

"Thank—"

"Bye."

Napatingin na lang ako sa phone ko pagkatapos niyang i-end ang call. That woman. She became grumpier after the guy she was dating dumped her. Idagdag pa na siya ang nagiging emotional dumpsite ni Queenie tuwing mag-aaway sila ni Iñigo.

Katrina wanted to earn a lot of money so she dedicated most of her time working. She wanted to provide for her aunt who raised her by herself after her parents left her to start their new lives, and to live comfortably in the future. Since she was too busy, she couldn't give him her time and in the end, he dumped her.

Naiintindihan ko naman kung saan siya nanggagaling. I, too, wanted to save money as long as I could so I wouldn't have to worry about our future. On the other hand, Queenie always tells us to give ourselves time to rest and time to be with our loved ones. I think one of the reasons why their relationship is still strong is because they still have time for each other despite their busy schedules. Ang problema nga lang, laging stressed si Queenie kaya nadadala niya sa pagkikita nila ni Iñigo. He must be the reason why she was drinking tonight.

Tumayo muna ako para mag-stretch dahil kanina pa ako nagliligpit ng gamit. I had already packed two luggages of stuff and it still felt not enough. Napahinto naman ako nang makita ko ang pictures sa bed-side table ko. I smiled upon looking at their faces. I had been busy working and studying that I never realized how much I missed them.

It's been three and a half years since I got here and tomorrow would be the first time I'd get a proper vacation. I felt excited and nervous at the same time. Excited because I would finally see them again. Pero kinakabahan din ako dahil alam kong magkakaiba na ang mga mundong ginagalawan namin.

My thoughts got disrupted by the knock on my door.

"Finished?" asked Dad.

I shook my head. "Not yet. You?"

"I'm already done."

"Oh."

We met each other's gaze and there was something different.

"May I talk to you for a second?" he asked in a calm yet serious tone.

Tumango naman ako at umupo kami sa gilid ng kama ko. He was in casual clothes, which was a rare sight. I would always see him in his suits. When we're at home, we'd just stay in our own rooms to have our personal time and rest.