Chapter 14

Chapter 14 - Brooke’s POV:

I pushed open the door the the Abby Lee Dance Company and immediately walked into the dancers den. As quick as I could, I got changed into a green crop top and black booty shorts. Then I went over and put my bag down on a chair. I took out some homework that I had and started it. “What are you doing Brookie?” Mackenzie came to sit next to me, she peered over at my homework.

“Homework Kenzie, I always get heaps of homework on Thursdays.” I didn’t look up when I said this, I just concentrating on starting my science homework. Mackenzie didn’t say anything after that, she just sat and watched. 

Abby burst through the door. “Brooke! I want to run your solo a couple times.” I followed Abby into Studio A, we went over my solo a few times. “Beautiful, can you get everyone for the group dance.” Abby asked, I nodded and went to get everyone. We only ran through the group dance 2 times. Abby thought it looked fine, so she wanted to work with the trio. She told me that I could have a 15 minute break and then I would have to go to my ballet class. I waked into the dancers den with Brandon right behind me. I sat down and picked up my science homework. I finished it in about 10 minutes. Brandon was sitting next to me. I picked up my phone to go on twitter, but Brandon started to talk.

Brandon’s POV:

“Brooke, I-I don’t k-know how to tell you this, b-but.” Oh God why did I have to stutter, why couldn’t I just tell her I liked her without any problems? And why was I so nervous? I had done this heaps of times before.

“Tell me what Brandon?” She looked concerned, I knew I wasn’t going to be able to tell her, so before I even knew what I was doing, I leaned in and kissed her. 

Brooke’s POV:

He kissed me, It was only for like 1 second, but he kissed me!I was so excited but I contained it.  I was so shocked, and I didn’t know what to say. “Um, I have to go to ballet.” He looked pretty disappointed with my reaction. I grabbed my ballet shoes and went into Studio B. In ballet all I could think about was the kiss. I knew that I was going to embarrass myself, so I was going to avoid Brandon until I think of something to say. 

The whole night I avoided Brandon, the last thing I wanted to do was make him think I am a complete weirdo. I finished my art, maths and english homework. Brandon was trying to get my attention, and I felt so bad. But I knew me, and if I did try to talk to him, I would blurt out something stupid. At 7:30, Abby said that we could go, but she told me to be here tomorrow because that is when I will be getting my costume.

                                                               ***

That night all I was thinking about was Brandon. I couldn’t think of anything to say, I didn’t want him to have to wait too long. So tomorrow I am going to tell him that I like him. Plain and simple.

Brandon’s POV:

I can’t believe it, she doesn’t like me. That would explain why she was avoiding me. It was awkward for her because I liked her and she thought of me as a friend. I just blew my chances. She will never want to talk to me again now.