Chapter 13

Chapter 13 - Brooke’s POV:

Today is Wednesday, today at dance we have to try on costumes. I am actually excited for the costumes this week, the way Abby described them, they sound really cute. I walked into the studio with Paige at my heels. We walked into the dancer’s den, the only person there was Chloe. Paige went over to Chloe and started talking about what happened at school today. I went into the bathroom to get changed from the outfit I wore to school, and into my dance-wear. Once I had on my purple crop-top and booty shots, I pushed open the bathroom door. I felt the door hit something, “Oww!” Oh my God, I just pushed the door into Brandon’s head. I saw a lump starting to form. Nia and Kendall just walked in the room.

“I am so sorry! Are you ok?” I was panicking, I always felt bad when I hurt someone.

“Brooke, calm down, i’m fine.” I ignored his comment and kept worrying.

“Does it hurt? I can’t believe I did that, is there anything I can do?” My hands were now running through my untied hair.

“I am fine, serisouly, but if you insist, you can kiss it better.” I could tell he was joking when he said this. But that didn’t stop me from blushing as red as a tomato.

“Never.” I playfully punched him on his shoulder and went over to my bag. I got out a hairbrush from my dance bag and put my hair up into a high side pony. The door to Studio A opened and Abby walked out.

“Girls, and Brandon, are you ready to try on costumes? Wait a minute, where is Maddie and Mackenzie?” Abby said.

“WE’RE HERE.” Maddie and Mackenzie came running in.

“Ok, good. Now everyone come, I think that you will like the costumes.” We all followed Abby into the studio were the seamstress, Sandy, was waiting. The costumes were all really cool, mine was the same style to my ‘metamorphosis’ costume. Except this one had a different pattern. We ran the routine with out costumes on a couple times to get the feel of it. We were doing pretty well, I am now able to dance with Brandon without falling over and making a complete fool of my self. We had to go get changed back into our dance-wear because Abby thought that we were going to wreak the costumes. Abby decided that she wanted to run the trio and fix the beginning. She told Mackenzie to go to her tap class in Studio C, the rest of us got to do whatever we liked. Brandon volunteered to help with music. Nia and Kendal decided that they were going to start on some homework, I didn’t have any homework today so I decided that I wanted to work on my turns. I grabbed my phone from my bag and went over to the front desk and asked Gia what time the next class was for Studio B. She told me that the senior pointe class would be there at 5:30. It was 5 now so I had a while to practice. I went into Studio B and started to practice my fouettes. When I landed my turns I just kept dancing, I didn’t know what I was doing, but I just kept dancing. I had never really done this before, it was like I was in my own world. To finish I did a knee drop to the floor and brought my left arm up to my right shoulder. Everything was so peaceful, so I was quite shocked when I heard somebody clapping at the studio door. It was Abby. “Brooke. I-I-I am lost for words, that was beautiful.” I smiled, it was always great to hear something positive come out of Abby’s mouth. It makes you feel good about yourself, I looked up at the viewing room, all the moms were staring down into the room, they had shocked looks on their faces. “You know what? I want to give you a solo for this weeks competition. Because you showed my how beautiful you look when you do lyrical, your solo will be lyrical.” 

I was so happy, I finally got a lyrical solo. I always have acro solos, and as much as I love acro, it is nice to have something different for a change. “Thank you Miss Abby, When am I going to start learning the solo?” I crossed my fingers behind my back, I really hoped that it  would be sometime today. I hate learning dances too late.

“Well, everyone has already learnt their dances, so I think that I could teach it to you now. Go tell your mum what I told you and be in Studio A in 5 minutes.” I nodded and walked up to the viewing room, beaming.

“I GOT A LYRICAL SOLO!” I screamed, I was just so excited. Everyone was very happy for me. I thought that it was about time that I went down to Studio A to start my solo. When I pushed open the door Abby was already waiting for me.

“Ok Brooke, I have decided that your dance is going to be called ‘Actions speak Louder than Words’. The music is instrumental, and you are going to be telling a love story. The message you are trying to be sending to the judges is that you don’t have to tell somebody that you love them, sometimes your actions can speak for you.” Abby seemed almost as excited as me about this solo. I think the story line of this dance is really amazing, I think that when dances have a good story behind them, they will get higher scores. I started learning the routine, it was so awesome! There was heaps of turns, leaps, kicks and lots of ways to show-off my technique. There was barley any acro tricks. There was only a diving front walkover and an ariel. Abby called Sandy in and they talked about the costume. They decided that blue would be the best colour for me as it you make my eyes stand out. Sandy told us that she would get the dress done as soon as she could. By the time I had finished my solo rehearsal it was already 6:30. Abby called in Maddie and Chloe, they ran through their solos a couple times before Abby brought in the rest of the group to clean a section in the group number and change positions for the end. After we had perfected it and Abby said that we could go, it was already 7:45. Mom, Paige and I got in the car. I turned the radio up and sang along crazily. I got a few strange looks from passing cars, but it didn’t bother me. I was the happiest girl in the world today, I got a lyrical solo, I didn’t get yelled at by Abby and Brandon and I are starting to become friends again. My stomach started to get butterflies at the thought of his name. What is happening to me?

Authors Note: By the way, Sandy was Abby’s actual seamstress in season 1. This was my longest chapter yet :) Byee for now!