Chapter 3

Chapter 3 - Brooke’s POV:

I walked into studio A, I wanted to kick myself. Why did I act like that? It was a simple hello. Why did I get all tongue tied? I have talked to heaps of guys before and that has never happened. I don’t think that I have blushed so hard for something so simple. We all stand in a straight line, waiting for the sheets of paper to be pulled from the pictures on the pyramid. Abby is standing there smiling at us, we wait for the moms to come in and then Abby starts with the pyramid.

 “At the bottom we have Mackenzie, you are not a baby anymore, I expect you to be dancing at the level that Maddie was dancing at when she was 7. You have a lot of work to do kid. Next we have Nia, simply because of the argument  with your mother, she needs to learn to keep her mouth shut.” I am surprised that my picture has not been reveled yet, I start to think that maybe Abby didn’t see my mistake. “Next we have Kendall, you need to learn to read music, I say it every week. Now we have Brooke. You missed the leap and you need to work on your smile, it looks fake on stage. But other than that, you did a good job. Now in the middle row we have Paige, good work, you did a nice job but when I ask you to do something, you need to do it without all the fuss. Next is Chloe, you came second to Maddie. And on the top we have Maddie, you got overall first place and you didn’t miss a beat.” It was no surprise that Maddie is on top to any of us, you can see it on the moms faces that they are getting fed up with it. “This week Maddie you will be doing a lyrical solo about a little girl who has cancer. Chloe you will also have a solo, your solo will be a musical theater number called 'I am a Good Girl'. Maddie, Chloe and Paige you will be doing your original trio routine. The group number this week is called ‘Circus’, it will be cute and fun and very entertaining. Brooke you will be featured, I want you to show off your tricks. Mackenzie you will be the lion and Nia you will be the lion tamer. You can use your costumes from a while back. There will be lots of other parts and I will sort them out later. For this group dance I want to bring in a boy to be the ringmaster. I haven't decided which boy will be in the group dance yet so I will do that today. Moms you are dismissed, girls start stretching.”

It takes me a while to take in Abby’s last sentence. There will be a boy in the dance, I really hope that Brandon is not the boy because that would be so awkward. Abby said I would be featuring in the dance which most likely means that I will be doing some partner work with him. I couldn't even say hi to Brandon properly let alone do partner work with him. Then I realize something, Abby doesn’t want a loosing number, she wants to win. She knows that me and brandon won’t connect, she doesn’t want another ‘snapshot’ incident. Although I could be completely wrong altogether and I might not even have to do any partner work with anyone.