Chapter 4

Chapter 4 - Brooke's POV:

The moms head up to the viewing room and we all start stretching. I get down in the splits and Mackenzie comes and sits next to me. Once that I am certain that all the other girls are deep in conversation I turn to Kenzie and asked her if what happened in the dancer’s den was really as bad as I thought it was. Kenzie acted as though she had completely forgotten about it until now, she started laughing again and said “you like Brandon, don’t you!”

“What! No of course I don’t.” I know Kenzie doesn’t believe me because she still has a cheeky smile on her face. After that I continue stretching, I figure that if I am going to be the lead in this dance I need to really focus. So I start to pull out some of my tricks when Abby walks back into the studio.

“Well done Brooke” Abby says and she smiles at me, I can never really understand Abby. Sometimes she is yelling at the top of her lungs and other times she is really nice. Then I notice that Abby is being followed by a small group of boys. I immediately notice that Brandon is one of the boys. I quickly pull out of my chin stand and move to the back of the room where Chloe, Paige and Maddie are. I try not to look at Brandon when I can feel his eyes on me. Chloe asks me if I can help her pull her leg up higher, I help her and it actually helps me not to look at Brandon. “Girls, come over here for a minute” Abby tells us. We all head over and stand in a line in front of Abby. The 5 boys are standing next to Abby. “Well, these are they boys that i’m considering for being the ringmaster. Brooke, because your going to be the lead, you are going to have to do partner work with one of them.” Kenzie nudged me in the ribs when Abby said this, I just glared at her and I think she got the message not to do it again. “As I was saying,” Abby continued “Brooke you will be dancing with one of these lovely young men. I haven't decided who it will be yet, so thats why, today I will teach Brooke her part and I want you to perform it with each of the boys. Thats how I will choose who will be your partner.” Abby was smiling at me as if she was waiting for me to jump up into the air for joy, but I wasn't excited, I was terrified. I quickly glanced at Brandon to see what his reaction of this news was. He seemed really cool about everything, and not a tiny bit nervous. But why would he be nervous, he doesn't like me, i’m just another duet partner for him, not anybody special. Brandon caught me looking at him, he smiled before I quickly turned my attention back to Abby. “Ok, Gia will go teach the boys their choreography and I will teach the girls the group dance, girls spread out.”