Chapter 8

Chapter 8 - Brooke’s POV:

 I looked up to see who was talking to me. Brandon. “Huh? Oh, i’m fine.” I stood up a little too quickly and went partly blind for about 5 seconds. I went over to my dance bag and  took out my water. After I had taken a few gulps I looked at my phone. It read 6.00pm. A few more hours to go. My hip didn’t hurt as mush as I thought it would. The pain was dying down. 

 “Brooke, I think we should get back into rehearsal” Brandon held the studio door open for me. What a gentleman. 

 “I guess.” I walked through the door with Brandon at my heals. Everyone was waiting for us.

 “Brooke. No more baby mistakes. You are 14 and you are the oldest in the group. You cant be falling over in easy steps.” Abby never said that to Maddie when she fell over. Whatever. I should be used to it by now. 

 Kenzie came over to me and wrapped her arms around my waist and said “Are you ok Brookie?”

 “I’m fine Kenz.” When Kenzie went back into her position we started the dance again. This time I didn’t look at Brandon, and Abby didn’t make me. When we came up to my ariel I didn’t hold Brandon’s hand. I just did it like a normal ariel, and I didn’t fall over.

We ran through the routine a couple more times before Abby said “Ok I want to run through the trio, everyone else you can go into one of the other studios and stretch or practice tricks or whatever you want. But make sure it is something productive.” Maddie, Chloe and Paige stayed in Studio A with Abby and the rest of us went into Studio C. I sat down against the wall and not long after Brandon came and sat next to me. Kenzie, Nia, Kendall were all practicing their chin stands. Brandon was now sitting incredibly close to me. I was starting to get uncomfortable. At that very moment Abby burst into the room and said “I need someone to help with music. Anyone want to volunteer?”

 “I’ll help Ms.Abby.” I shot up, it was a good excuse to get away from Brandon. And I also really wanted to see the trio. After Abby agreed I followed her into Studio A.