35

It's been a few hours since I went to Brennen's and I've finally calmed down. I still feel numb but I feel like I can't cry anymore. It hurts every time I breathe. Brennen is currently in his kitchen making me something but I have no idea what it is.

I then look up to see him carrying pizza rolls. "I know you like these so hopefully they make you feel better." I weakly smile at him as I take the plate.

He sits down next to me as I look at him. "Thanks Brennen for staying with me and being my shoulder to cry on. It just hurts." I tell him honestly. "It's no problem, anything for family." I can tell he's about to give me advice.

"You're gonna fall in love so many times before you find the one you're gonna be with. So think of it this way, you're one broken heart closer to happily ever after." He told me as I wanted to cry again. "What if I thought Colby was the one?" I ask disappointed.

I hate to say it, but I still love Colby. He needs to focus on his mental health, I just wish he didn't push me out of his life when he did it. "Let time take charge for it baby sis." After that, there was a knock on his door so he went to go see who it was.

As he did, I bit into a pizza roll, not really feeling hungry. "There's someone here to see you." I look up to see Skyler and Corey. I shift awkwardly in my seat as they walk towards me. "Hey guys." I say as they look at each other.

"I wanted to check up on how you were doing so I went to your house but you weren't home. That's when I saw Skyler and she drove me here." Corey explained as I nodded my head. "I'm fine." I lie.

I'm surprised Corey came to see how I was doing, I wonder how Colby is doing. "You don't have to lie. I saw how tore up you were after he did it." The memories flooded my head as he mentioned it.

"He's really bad. Since he got arrested he thought he wasn't fit to protect you so he thought letting you go was his only choice. But it actually ruined him." It broke my heart hearing this. "I just hope he gets his mental strength back." I tell him.

Skyler had walked into the kitchen and came back with pizza rolls. "Did you just fix pizza rolls in my apartment?" Brennen asked as she sat down and took a bite. "Yeah, they're super good." She said making me smile.

After awhile, they went home leaving me and Brennen by ourselves. After a long silence, I saw his face lighten up. "How would you feel about a road trip?" He asked as I looked up from my phone.

"To where?" I ask confused. "The United States. We can leave tomorrow. We could get away and you wouldn't have to see Colby. It'll be fun." He pouted as I thought about.

What sounds better, being a car with Brennen, or staying in the same state as my now ex boyfriend that I still love? For sure car with Brennen. "Okay, let's do it." I agree as he does a little happy dance.

"Go to your apartment and pack, we're leaving tomorrow." He said as I put my shoes on and head out the door. I'm gonna need this road trip to get away.

I walked into my apartment and grab my suitcase from my storage closet. "Where are you going?" Skyler asked as I rushed into my room. "Brennen and I are going on a road trip." I say finding clothes to wear.

"So you're just gonna run away when times get hard?" She asked making me look at her. "I'm not running away, I'm getting away. There's a difference." Why was she trying to argue with me, she should know I'm upset right now.

"So if I wasn't home were you planning on telling me?" She crossed her arms making me roll my eyes. "Sky it's not a big deal. I just wanna get away and get in the right headspace. My boyfriend just got locked up, flew back, and broke up with me in a span of seventy two hours. I'm not okay." I try to reason with her.

"Colby's hurting too, Breann." I cringe at his name as the memories of him breaking up with me come back in my head. "Why are you sticking up for him?" I ask as she groans."Because you're just thinking of yourself right now." She was right. I am thinking of my own feelings.

"And I'm sorry I have to think of myself once in awhile because like what you've seen, I'm not good enough for him and you're proofing that I'm not a good enough friend. So please let me pack for this road trip with my brother because right now, he's the only one saying he wants me in his life." And with that, she walks out of my room.

It took me a few hours to pack everything and once I'm done, I walk outside to see Skyler sitting on the couch still mad. "Be safe, okay?" She said as I looked down at my feet. "I will. Keep an eye on Colby for me." She nodded her head as I walked out the door.

I drove over to Brennen's to see him still packing. "How'd Skyler take it?" He asked trying to find shoes. "She's not happy about me doing this. But I think she'll notice how good it'll be for me." I tell him as I sit on his bed.

"I told mom about what happened. She said it'll be really good to clear your mind." I look down at my feet as I tuck my hair behind my ear. We fall asleep early so we can have an early start tomorrow.

When we did get packed up and ready to leave, Skyler came to say goodbye. "You're really leaving." She sighed as we finished packing. "I'll be back. It's just a little break." I tell her.

I look at her before giving her a big hug. When we fight, we can't stay mad at each other. "Take care of him please." I whisper letting a tear fall. "Of course." She said back in my ear. "Let's go sis, we're gonna go travel the country!" Brennen said starting the car.

I get in the car, putting on my sunglasses. We pull away, waving to Skyler. She's gonna take care of Kobe while we're gone.

As we get onto the highway and start driving to Las Vegas. We're gonna try to hit every big city in every state so this trip was gonna take awhile. I look out the window and feel the heat and wind on my skin since he has the windows down.

During this ride I notice that I had an addiction to Colby. Like I wouldn't be able to function if he ever left. And knowing that he actually did, I don't know what to do with myself. It's like I'm going on a withdrawal.

And this road trip with my brother is gonna help me. I won't have to worry about seeing him, or talking to him, or even seeing any of the trap house boys. "You okay Breann?" Brennen asked as I looked at him.

"I'm gonna be." There's no going back now. This is the first day of the rest of my life.

~~

As you can tell, this book is over. But the story of Breann and Colby isn't over. I've started writing the sequel to this so stay tuned for it, I'll probably post the cast later today. I hope you enjoyed this story cause I know I loved writing it. -Rachel