26

I was not expected to see my dad after ten plus years. Brennen and I made a pact to never see him again, and he agreed. "What the hell are you doing in my apartment?" I ask after a long silence. Colby was taking care of Skyler as Brennen and I stand frozen. "I saw that your videos are getting big. I didn't realize how old you two have gotten." He said as he looked us up and down.

"We told you, we wanted nothing to do with you." Brennen told him, I can tell he was getting mad. "Just let me talk. I miss you guys." I don't believe a word he says. "How can we believe you, it's been over ten years. Why wait?" I ask as he sighs and looks down.

"Because I was scared. I love seeing your videos and seeing how happy you two are." I look behind him to see Colby finishing up on Skyler. "Have you noticed we're happy, because you're gone." Brennen said making a fist. "I wanna make things right between us." Brennen and I shake our heads as Colby came over to make sure we're okay.

"I know this might be a family thing, but they've said it multiple times now. I don't think they want you in their lives." Colby said sticking up for the both of us. I grab his hand so he won't do anything stupid.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" He asked Colby. "I'm Breann's boyfriend and Brennen's friend." I've never seen him this serious before. "Colby, we're fine." I say looking up at him. I look back over at the man who walked out on me as tears were in his eyes. "Please." He said choked up.

"God damnit, leave! You fucking walked out on us after you let her hit us. We're better off without you in our fucking life. So get out of my sisters apartment, or I'll drag you out myself." Brennen yelled getting pissed. "If that's what you guys want. I'll leave, bye guys." And with that, he walks out the door.

I stood there, frozen and speechless, as Brennen tried to take slow breaths. Skyler came to see if I was okay as Colby checked on Brennen. "It's okay to be angry." Colby told him as Skyler moved me to the couch. She knows how much I hate that man and knows what he's done to us.

She was there for me when I stopped seeing him so she knows what I'm feeling right now. We both haven't seen him in years and it's devastating for me that it took him this long to come back. But I don't want to see him. "I'm not mad. At least he said goodbye this time." Brennen told him as Skyler held me.

"I'm sorry Brennen." He said trying to comfort him. "Don't be, it's not like I'm five years old asking myself, when's daddy coming home. Who needs him?" I can tell Brennen is about to explode.

"He wasn't there to teach me how to shoot my first basket, but I learned didn't I? And I got pretty damn good at it. Got through my first date without him. I learned how to drive, shave, and I learned how to fight without him. I had fourteen great birthdays without him and he never even sent me a damn card! To hell with him!" Brennen yelled making me flinch.

I hated seeing my brother like this. Our dad is such a sensitive topic for us, we barely even talk about him to anyone. It was silent after that because we didn't know what to say. "I don't need him then and I don't need them now." Brennen told Colby as he walked past him to go through the door but Colby stopped him.

"You know what Colby, I'm gonna get a good job without him. I'm gonna marry me a beautiful honey and I'm gonna get me a whole bunch of kids. I'm gonna be a better father than he ever was cause there's not a damn thing he can teach me about how to love my kids." Brennen exploded and now he's about to cry.

Usually when he gets mad like this, he explodes and then cries. He looks at us with a sad face. "How come he don't want us man?" He started crying so Colby pulled him into a hug. I started crying too as I hear Brennen's cry's.

Skyler pulls me in as we all have our little moment. After Brennen and I calm down, Colby and Brennen thought it would be best to stay the night.

It was late and Colby was laying in the bed with me. "I'm sorry." I tell him as he looked at me weird. "For what?" He asked me. I sighed before I spoke.

"I'm sorry you had to see all of that. I'm sorry my life is so fucked up and it's a mess sometimes. I hate that you have to see me like this." I tell him wanting to cry again.

"Baby, your life isn't fucked up. You're so much better than your dad. And I'm here for you, even through the rough times. I'm your shoulder to cry on and I'll be your anchor." I don't deserve this boy. He is the most caring and loving person.

"I just don't want to let you down." I cry out as he wraps his arms around me. "You're never gonna let me down. You deserve the world. And I'm gonna give it you, no matter what it takes." I put my head on his chest as he rubbed my back.

This soothes me in a few seconds and I close my eyes. I love this boy so much. I don't even question it. I know we've been dating for two months and I've known him for at least seven.

I can't control how I feel, if I know it, I know it. This is the moment when I realized I love Colby. Probably because he saw me in a dark place, and he stayed instead of leaving.