Bittersweet

Carnage. That's all that was left. Green sludge and blobs of decimated flesh. Yet it wasn't enough. Nothing would ever be enough.

Mysterion stared soullessly at the mess in front of him. The gaping hole in his chest so large that he felt he no longer had a heart. Maybe he didn't. It had belonged to her after all. And now she was gone.

"Mysterion? We, we have to go," said Toolshed quietly, pulling at his cape. Mysterion wanted to resist. He wanted to be left here to dissolve with the rest of this dimension. But he didn't have the energy to stop Toolshed. He no longer had any energy. It's not like staying would kill him anyway.

Wonder Tweek nervously looked up at the rift above him. This was meant to be Chaos's job. Wonder Tweek was not sure his lightning was strong enough. He was already exhausted. But he had to try, or all of them would perish. R'lyeh was falling apart each second he wasted doubting himself. Apparently, Cthulhu's life force had been the only thing keeping this miserable place together.

Coon and Friends and Freedom Pals all stood in a ship Tupperware had somehow had the energy to create. With his friends surrounding him, Wonder Tweek let out a piercing scream and blasted all his remaining energy into the sky. He collapsed into Super Craig's arms as the ship soared through the rift and back to their usual reality.

Xxx

Kyle came out of the funeral crying. It had been a beautiful affair. Kenny's speech was both heartwarming and heartwrenching. Utterly defeated yet hopeful because Kenny knew Butters wouldn't want him to give up. Completely honest and raw, describing Marjorine perfectly and switching pronouns throughout the speech. Kyle was quite convinced their tear ducts no longer worked and they would be crying for the rest of time.

They hadn't appreciated Marjorine enough. Hadn't included Butters enough. Butters had had powers the whole time and Kyle had cold-heartedly refused to let him into Coon and Friends. Sure, they hadn't known Marjorine had powers. But they could have found out. They could have asked. Could have supported her more. The tears were a complete tirade. Stan held their shoulders gently, and let Kyle cry into his shirt.

What had they constantly been preaching to Marjorine? Be honest. Tell Kenny who you are. Butters had told Kenny who he was. He was Marjorine. He was her. Marjorine had gone after Kenny with her whole heart and she had won Kenny's heart as a result. Kyle had been so, so ignorant. And such a hypocrite. Had they explained to Stan their secret identity yet? No. Had they explained to Stan they loved him? No. And it felt like an insult to her memory and their friendship with Butters.

"Stan," Kyle said, sniffing and trying to wipe their eyes, "I'm Kite, and I love you. I know now might not be the best time to mention that, but felt like an insult to her memory that I had secrets from you," said Kyle.

Stan nodded slowly, "Okay," said Stan uncertainly, "Well, in order to honour Chaos if you didn't already know I'm Toolshed which means I love you too." Kyle broke back down into tears crying into Stan's shirt once more.

Xxx

Cartman, in true Cartman style, had released the story of how they defeated Cthulhu to the press, and, somehow, convinced the public that the absurd events that went down in R'lyeh really happened, though, obviously, he exaggerated his contribution.

Coon and Friends and Freedom Pals alike sat in Token's basement. Masks off. Their identies had all been revealed to one another after Chaos's funeral in honour of him. Currently, Cartman and Kyle were engaged in a heated battle about accepting medals of freedom from the President.

"We are not accepting medals of freedom from that actual piece of shit!" yelled Kyle.

"Why the fuck not?!" Cartman shouted back.