Thomas, Greenie, Happy

I shot up awake with a gasp. I looked around the place I was in and saw it was a metal cage. A metal cage that was moving to fast.

"HELP! HELP ME!" I screamed hoping that at a chance someone would hear me. I soon stared to see the top making my heart race a million miles an hour. 'I'm gonna die. I'm gonna crash' I mentally thought, the words swirling in my head and never leaving.

Fear took over my body as it got closer and closer. I shut my eyes ready for the impact but I never came.

I opened my eyes in wonder at how I didn't just die. I mean, I hit the top.

I soon started to here shouting. "It's a new greenie" "The box is here" "Come on guys"

A greenie? What the hell is that. The voices should like boys but I was a girl, there couldn't be only boys? Could there?

The top started to open letting in the sun light that ever so kindly, blinded me. "Whoa, it's a girl" I heard someone say making me look up, my eyes finally adjusting to the light.

Suddenly a figure jumped down into the cage making me jump slightly. "Hey, it's okay love. My name's Newt. Do you remember your name?" Once Newt asked me that my mind immediately went into panic. 'I can't remember my name! Why can't I remember my name?!' "If you can't remember your name, don't worry. You get it in a couple of days"

"Okay...thanks" I said looking at newt. "Ahh, you speak" he said jokingly making a smile come to my face.

Throughout the day Newt has been telling me all there is to know. He told me the rules, places and the jobs. He said that tomorrow I should start on them but once he said 'Runner' and explained that to me, that's what I wanted to be. Although Newt didn't share my enthusiasm for it.

It was finally dark and everyone was camped outside around a bonfire. That's when a good looking boy cane up to me. "Hi, i'm Thomas." He said giving me a smile that made my heart skip a beat. 'What is happening to me?' "Well Thomas, I would tell you my name I just can't remember it" I said chuckling at the end making Thomas do the same. "Ahh, it's okay. I only remembered my name when I got into a fight with Gally" "Oh, the boy that's a bit of a dick?" "Yep, that's him" Thomas said, laughing at my explanation towards Gally.

"So how do you like it? The glade I mean" "Well, since it's my first day I haven't really had to chance to experience everything, but it's...okay. What's your job?" "My job is a runner" "That's what I wanna do" "Oh, no. Trust me, you don't wanna do it. There are...things in there. Things that can kill you and the place, it changes. Well call it the maze."

As Thomas was explaining what goes on in the maze and what happens I took a good look at all his featurea. Lovely hazel eyes, cute moles/beauty marks on the side of his face, clear muscles. 'Dear God! What the hell is happening to me?' "Hey, new girl? You okay" Thomas said, snapping me out of my thoughts. "W-What?" I asked, slightly dazed. "I said are you okay" Thomas said, this time putting his hand on mine.

I felt a shock of electricity shot through my body and my mouth opened speaking what my brain was hiding from me. "Y/N" "What?"
"Y/N...m-my name. My name is Y/N" I said smiling at the end making Thomas smile as well. A smile that made my heart swell. "Hey guys! New girl is called Y/N" Thomas shouted making the rest of the boys yell and cheer which caused me to laugh at their behaviour.

"Welcome to the glade Y/N" Thomas said with a wink before walking off into the crowd.

Maybe it won't be so bad here.