Chapter 13: back--- for now

his shoulder rose and fell as he cried; he didnt bother to muffle the pained cries that escaped his mouth... his loud cries for brave echoed his room.

he heard soft footsteps and looked up to see a figure at his windowsill...

"brave?"

his voice sounded hoarse and dry... it sounded forced and scared that it wasnt brave...

she could tell that he was crumbling without her... she was making a decision wheather to stay and at the moment she was not going to leave him... not again... at least not now

"declan..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"brave..." declan jumped up and almost ran to her... he basically tackled her and cried in her arms..

she giggled and hugged him back... he started to cry and she soothed him...

"i wont leave you again..."

declan clutched her closer and kissed her...

She was shocked at first but kissed him back... after all she loved him too.

---

Brave woke to an arm around her waist... she looked over at Declan and giggled at his soft snoring.

She moved a stray hair from his eyes and placed it behind his ear... she kissed his forehead and removed his arm carefully as not to wake him and she went down stairs to cook breakfast.

...

Declan woke to find himself alone in bed.... "brave?"

He jumped out and searched his room... stupid but he had to look for her!

"Brave...brave" he yelled

He ran downstairs and thundered into the kitchen breathless...

"Brave..." his voice sounds forced, he couldn't believe...

"What declan?"

"I thought you left me again."

"No. Ye of little faith."

Brave giggled and Declan couldn't help but smile at her.

"What's for breakfast?"

"Shit..."

Brave rushed to the burnt pancakes.

"We were having pancakes but there burnt."

Declan went around the bench and hugged brave from behind. he placed his chin on her shoulder... "I'm sure it will taste lovely."

Brave couldn't stop the blush that formed on her cheeks and Declan smirked at the power he had over her.

Brave hit Declan playfully and gave him the burnt pancakes.

He put the pancake in his mouth and cringed in disgust.

"Is it that bad?"

"No..."

"It's worse."

Brave stuck her tongue out at Declan but he just smirked which just made her blush again. Declan was biting his lip trying to stop the laughter that threatened to burst from his mouth.

---

Declan's phone rang and he answered it right after finishing his last pancake.

Declan raced to the living room. brave followed and intently listened to the conversation.

"No... don't you dare. Killer is over and I don't want you two fighting the entire time."

...

Brave was shocked that Declan was hiding the fact that she was there... she sniffled as the tears flowed down her cheeks freely. she wiped them away with her sleeves and continued listening.

"I don't care... I don't want you here. Killer and I are going to the pub later and you are underage."

"Right... okay. um no I don't know a kid named brave. seems like a total b*tch to me."

"Yeah I know"

"Yeah...okay."

"Okay then see you. goodbye."

...

By now brave was crumbling on the floor of the living room.

Declan came out and saw brave like this.

"Sh*t"

He scratched the back of his neck looking nervous.

"F*k brave! how much did you hear?"

"Enough" brave got up... eyes bloodshot and face a little flushed from crying and he had tear stains all down her face and arms.

She grabbed her bag of the counter and walked towards the door.

"Brave wait."

"I'm glad I know what I mean to you know declan."

"No wait I didn't mean any of that." he grabbed her arm and turned her around to face him.

"I love you brave."

"Yeah after that you expect me to believe you."

She patted Declan on he shoulder mockingly.

"Sure you do Declan sure you do."

She whipped her arm back and slammed the from door in his face.

And just like that she was gone again.

"What have I done?" Declan cried.

And with that he opened the door and walked out... "brave" he yelled

He shook his head. What did he expect? that she would answer. pft.

She was only back for a little while... "I just had to f*ck it up didn't i? why can't I just admit that I love her."

...

Brave peeked her Head through the open window and saw Declan slouched over on the floor... in a pool of tears.

"Guess I was only back for now."

And she ran...