Chapter 12: cries

a single tear escaped her eyes and he took large steps towards her...

she couldnt move...

he wiped the single tear away... took a step back and looked her in the eye

"i love you."

------------------------------------------------------------

brave took a step back.... dumbfounded that he had just said that to her.

she turned to run but declan caught her arm.

"let me go."

her voice was weak and sounded forced.

"no... please stay."

"no... i can't."

...

declan dropped her arm... "FINE THEN LEAVE."

his voice was full of pain and it made her flinch and pull away

"im sorry. brave im sorry i didnt mean to yell."

brave walked up to declan and kissed him... her hands went around his neck and he gripped her waist.

but no sooner did it start; it ended.

brave whispered one last thing and then left...

tears were streaming down her face; she didnt know where she was going. she stopped when she tripped on a branch and crumbled on the floor and heaved... she cried...

"why... why did you have to love me?" she fell into a fit of tears and lied down on the floor.. alone but loved.

-----------------------------------------------

"she said it to me... but why?"

declan was still standing where brave had left him. alone...

he shook his head again.... he couldnt believe what she had just said. his head was spinning... he didnt understand her.

"why... brave please tell me why?"

and then he crumpled on the floor in a heap and cried.

all the energy seemed to seep from him... he could stand; all he could do was try and shake the tears away... but they just kept falling...

falshback

declan dropped her arm... "FINE THEN LEAVE."

his voice was full of pain and it made her flinch

"im sorry. brave im sorry i didnt mean to yell."

brave walked up to declan and kissed him... her hands went around his neck and he gripped her waist.

but no sooner did it start; it ended.

"i love you."

declan stood there frozen; unable to move or comprehend that he was also loved.

the tears that fell down his face were tears of joy that quickly turned to sadness when he realized that brave had once again gone...

he crumpled to the floor...'

end of flashback

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"this cant be real... no one can love me. what am i doing? ugh declan..."

brave ran until she was lost; she found her tracks and ran back... she found herself at declans house so she decided to watch him from afar...

his house was double story; like hers... it was plain brick with wood floors and a few windows on each side... it was rectangle and his room was upstairs; with a window that opened outwards and there was a tree that looked into it...

so brave climbed the tree and waited for declan...

...

declan finally arrived... he walked in...

his eyes were puffy; and his eyes were tear stained... he looked pale and like he hadent eaten in ages... he looked in her direction and she hid... he shook his head and crumpled on the floor...

it took all braves strenth not to go and comfort him...

-----------------------------------------------

declan heard a noise so he looked ouside at his tree but saw nothing... he loved brave and missed her so much... he was finding it so difficult to livewithout her

he crumpled to the floor... he hadent been eating or sleeping... he hadent been to school either.

he spent all his time crying and smashing things...

flashback

declan grabbed his pillow and ripped it into pieces; he chucked his desk and send it flying across the room; all his picture frames broken and glass was scattered all over the floor

then he crupled in a heap and weeped until there was no tears left to cry

end of flashback

his shoulder rose and fell as he cried; he didnt bother to muffle the pained cries that escaped his mouth... his loud cries for brave echoed his room.

he heard soft footsteps and looked up to see a figure at his windowsill...

"brave?"

his voice sounded hoarse and dry... it sounded forced and scared that it wasnt brave...

she could tell that he was crumbling without her... she was making a decision wheather to stay and at the moment she was not going to leave him... not again... at least not now

"declan..."