Happy Ever After?

It has been a month! A full month of happiness between Noah and I. He never told me who hurt him, and I eventually gave up.

Today is our one month anniversary, not that I'm into that. Seriously, it's Noah who is all romantic. Once, when I didn't feel good and couldn't sleep (ON A SCHOOL NIGHT!) he snuck into my house through my bedroom window and held me until I fell asleep.

Actually, he does that kind of stuff all the time. My brother catches him every now and then, but he really doesn't care. He keeps Noah coming in a secret, and I keep his secret. The one where he brings a different girl home every Friday night and sneaks them out before my mom wakes up on Saturday. I guess you could say we are rebellious.

Anyways, here I am, waiting for David to come pick me up so I can go to school. Really, David, Eric, Noah, and Matt are the only friends I have now. Oh well, I like them better than all my old friends.

I was just wearing casual school clothes. The classic jeans because it is October and cold, and Noah's favorite sweatshirt. It has My Chemical Romance on the front. I learned about them through him, and they are a pretty sweet band. It concerns Noah though that my favorite song of them right now is I Don't Love You. I tell him it doesn't apply to him, but he is an idiot so I have to convince him with kisses all the time.

David pulls up into my drive way and honks twice, like he always does. I rush out of the house, excited. I wanted to see what Noah was planning for today. Like I said, he is the romantic one.

I got to the car and found Noah no where in sight. I climb in, and slam the door behind me.

"Somebody's angry!" David giggled. Yes, giggled. He has been acting very girly lately. It's weird.

"Where's Noah?" I asked, trying to sound polite. I must admit that I was a little pissed that he wasn't here.

"He-" Eric started, but David hit him to a stop. Eric gave him a "WTF" face, and David shook his head.

"He's not here." Eric stated.

"Well, no shit. But why is he not here?" I pressed. They knew something, but they weren't telling me. And I wanted to know why.

"Because he's not." David said as he threw the car into reverse and slid out of my driveway. I was quiet for the rest of the ride, trying to think of reasons as to why Noah wasn't here.

When we pulled up to the school, the first thing I noticed was that we were late. Why was that? Because David had to stop at the store to get something. He didn't tell me what, and I couldn't see what was in the plastic bag next to Eric's leg.

No one was outside, except for the druggies. So if even the preps were inside, that means we are definetly late.

Once the car was at a stop, I jumped out and hurried towards the school. Mrs. Snider was a bitch about tardys. Well, she was a bitch about everything, but even worse about being late.

"Maddie!" Eric yelled after me. I stopped and turned, as he threw the plastic bag at me. I caught it, almost tipping the contents out. I reached my hand into the bag and found one rose. I loved roses, and Noah knew they were my favorites. I smiled, and started to walk back towards the school. When the druggies saw me, they all quickly scattered. One named Anna ran towards me, handing me a piece of paper. On it, it said "YOU" in Noah's crappy hand writing. The others went into the school.

"You're a lucky girl, Maddie." She smiled. I smiled back, and was really wondering what in the world Noah had planned. I walked into the school, and was five feet away from the door when I was stopped again. This time it was by a guy I don't even know. He was a druggie, but that's all I knew. He handed me another note. It said "STOLE" this time. I gave the guy a questioning look, and he shrugged and walked away.